OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
In the 3rd season of Manifest. A strangely addicting show.

Also, halfway through the first season of Brooklyn 99. I haven't been hooked into a show like this since I started watching How I Met Your Mother.

Reactions: will1066

Deleted member 23124

In the 3rd season of Manifest. A strangely addicting show.

Also, halfway through the first season of Brooklyn 99. I haven't been hooked into a show like this since I started watching How I Met Your Mother.
I thought I was the only one intrigued by Manifest....been hooked from the very beginning.

Couldn't get into Brooklyn 99.

Deleted member 23124

'

Terry Crews is one of my favorite actors/media personalities so it was easy for me. I also find Andy Samberg to be absolutely hilarious.
I like Samberg -- I first saw him in a British show called Cuckoo....he was hysterical in that....the show was not the same after he left.

Deleted member 23124

I don't think I noticed anyone mention "A Discovery of Witches" -- anyone watch it?

Deleted member 23124

We've lost a great talent. I just saw his appearance on Law & Order...he was just as mesmerizing then as he was later on. RIP, Michael.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
For those who like both true crime and documentaries @SnowblindNYR, Dr. Death is a four-part deep dive into "neurosurgeon" Christopher Duntsch, who maimed 33 patients and killed 2 on the operating table. I believe it is on Peacock, which also has adapted a TV series (also called Dr. Death) based on Duntsch's crimes, starring Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
For those who like both true crime and documentaries @SnowblindNYR, Dr. Death is a four-part deep dive into "neurosurgeon" Christopher Duntsch, who maimed 33 patients and killed 2 on the operating table. I believe it is on Peacock, which also has adapted a TV series (also called Dr. Death) based on Duntsch's crimes, starring Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater.

Thanks, too bad I don't have Peacock.

There are a few good documentaries on Netflix. Turning Point about the war on terror. And everything "untold" is great, especially crime and penalties I think it's called. About a mobster that bought a minor league hockey team for his son.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks, too bad I don't have Peacock.

There are a few good documentaries on Netflix. Turning Point about the war on terror. And everything "untold" is great, especially crime and penalties I think it's called. About a mobster that bought a minor league hockey team for his son.

Yup, I'm starting Turning Point today. I'll try and check out this other one about the mobster buying a hockey team, but saving my energy for the 9/11 documentaries that are hitting all this week and weekend.

Deleted member 23124

I saw an ad for this on the side of a bus the other day....It intrigued me because I would never have imagined those three in the same vehicle.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yup, I'm starting Turning Point today. I'll try and check out this other one about the mobster buying a hockey team, but saving my energy for the 9/11 documentaries that are hitting all this week and weekend.

I watching a movie called worth with Michael Keaton. It's based on a true story about a lawyer that tried to settle with the victims of 9/11 by assigning how much the loss of life was lost.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I watching a movie called worth with Michael Keaton. It's based on a true story about a lawyer that tried to settle with the victims of 9/11 by assigning how much the loss of life was lost.
I heard Worth was good. Recommend?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
One of my favorite pics I ever took at a film or TV event.

upload_2021-9-8_7-7-12.jpeg

Reactions: Cmox

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Finished up Season 1 (hope there's a season 2?) of The Defeated on Netflix. Interesting perspective of the aftermath in a country that lost the war (Germany) and the clusterf*ck that was Berlin in 1946. Definitely something different.

Reactions: leetch99

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Finished up Season 1 (hope there's a season 2?) of The Defeated on Netflix. Interesting perspective of the aftermath in a country that lost the war (Germany) and the clusterf*ck that was Berlin in 1946. Definitely something different.

I’m definitely going to check that out next. I’m a couple episodes from finishing seasons 1-4 of Snowfall on FX. Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad