OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Deleted member 23124

Nope. HBO’s The Night Of. I think it got a few awards / nominations.
OK...you had me confused because you said "Great miniseries too" which led me to believe you thought there were two shows with the same title.

My bad.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Surprisingly, didn't get the pull to watch Undoing (am not a fan of Ms. Kidman). However, I was looking at a list of shows to watch if you liked Undoing. One of the shows on the list is a definite must: The Night Of.

Saw the "Night Of" when it came out I believe 3 years ago and yeah it was quite good. I think I liked the Undoing better tho. If the last few episodes of the Flight Attendant are as good as the first three were, that will blow by the Undoing or the Night Of.

Reactions: leetch99

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Saw the "Night Of" when it came out I believe 3 years ago and yeah it was quite good. I think I liked the Undoing better tho. If the last few episodes of the Flight Attendant are as good as the first three were, that will blow by the Undoing or the Night Of.

I saw an ad that if one had HBO subscription through a provider - then HBO Max was available but for some reason I can't get access without signing up with a payment required. Strange.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I saw an ad that if one had HBO subscription through a provider - then HBO Max was available but for some reason I can't get access without signing up with a payment required. Strange.

That is strange. My provider is Xfinity here in Philly area. If I had same issue as you, I'd contact my provider and find out what the scoop is. I must say, I do like the new set up of HBO Max versus the old HBO Go.

Deleted member 23124

I believe The Night of and Undoing were done by the same people.

You should check out the Criminal Justice series.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That is strange. My provider is Xfinity here in Philly area. If I had same issue as you, I'd contact my provider and find out what the scoop is. I must say, I do like the new set up of HBO Max versus the old HBO Go.

Got HBO Max! Will be catching up on the Flight Attendant!

Reactions: Maximus

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
Hi, guys. I am writing an article for local website and I need guys from abroad (USA, Europe, does not matter) to help me. It would take max. 30 minutes of your time, listening to some music and shortly answering a couple of questions. If you are interested, please DM me. Would much appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit : nevermind, fu guys. Skapte, kokoti negerski.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Awesome. Promise you that you won't regret watching the Fight Attendant...it is so well done. Matter of fact I'm going to watch episode 4 tonight as it was just released on HBO Max.

LMK what you think of it...enjoy!

Loved the first episode even if it took me a bit to adjust to separate Cuoco from her BBT character. Definitely looking forward to seeing where it’s going from here.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Loved the first episode even if it took me a bit to adjust to separate Cuoco from her BBT character. Definitely looking forward to seeing where it’s going from here.

I hear ya about the discrepancy between the two characters Cuoco portrays in BBT and the Flight Attendant.

Said it before and will say it again...Cuoco never has looked so hot than she does in the Flight Attendant.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Watched a real good movie last night...Ford vs Ferrari on HBO Max and tho I'm probably around a year behind everyone else, I'm glad I finally saw it as it was well worth the 2 hours.

I also saw True Grit the Coen Brothers version of it from 2010 on HBO Max and enjoyed that one as well.

As an aside, HBO with this new HBO Max service is starting to give Netflix a run for it's money as it's much better than their previous HBO Go offering. Lot's of options and they have some great content. If you don't have it....get it.

Deleted member 23124

As an aside, HBO with this new HBO Max service is starting to give Netflix a run for it's money as it's much better than their previous HBO Go offering. Lot's of options and they have some great content. If you don't have it....get it.
Got rid of my TV service over a decade ago and I haven't missed it one bit...between cable rates and streaming costs, things have gotten way to expensive.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Tried the Expanse a while back and it didn't really take, because I found the first few minutes of the first episode kinda cringey. (Introducing a couple of characters during a sex scene completely unnecessary to the plot? C'mon.) Gave it another watch over the weekend and, wow, now I'm hooked. Every once in a while I encounter a scene that falls flat, but it moves so quickly and the rest is so good that it's absolutely forgivable. A solid 8.5-9.0 out of 10 through the first season and a half.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Tried the Expanse a while back and it didn't really take, because I found the first few minutes of the first episode kinda cringey. (Introducing a couple of characters during a sex scene completely unnecessary to the plot? C'mon.)

Ha, I had the exact same reaction. It felt so unnecessary and of a time where every show felt the need to force a sex scene into the first ten minutes of their pilot. I actually find sex scenes to be cringe-worthy in most shows. I can't quite put my finger on it but it always feels so fake and uncomfortable, like, we get the idea, now get on with it...

But everyone raves so much about the Expanse I know I have to give it another shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad