TV Broadcast thread- Root Sports, ESPN etc

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Fox13 is far less accessible than Root. Most people in the Kraken territory CAN'T get that channel in any way. Anybody with internet can get Fubo in WA, OR and AK. Even over in the Spectrum DARK ZONE they can get both the Kraken and non-Kraken version of Root on Fubo. Nobody in Central or Eastern WA, ALL of OR or all of AK can get Fox13, it isn't available on any platform. Even if you take Fubo out, Root is still available to more households in the Kraken territory than any Seattle local broadcast TV channel.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Fox13 is far less accessible than Root. Most people in the Kraken territory CAN'T get that channel in any way. Anybody with internet can get Fubo in WA, OR and AK. Even over in the Spectrum DARK ZONE they can get both the Kraken and non-Kraken version of Root on Fubo. Nobody in Central or Eastern WA, ALL of OR or all of AK can get Fox13, it isn't available on any platform. Even if you take Fubo out, Root is still available to more households in the Kraken territory than any Seattle local broadcast TV channel.

I was talking about within Seattle. One is free, the other is pretty expensive. The sounders have the option were games are on Fox 13+ in Seattle and prime for outside of Seattle.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
That Sounders deal is about as good as it gets then. I wonder how the numbers are on Prime.
I'm not sure but I do wish they had something like that in place for this season when people are curious, want to learn but don't want to spend big money on the likes of Fubo if they don't know whether they will like it. This year should be about building up fanbase and then chase more lucrative deals in future seasons.

Said before but not having the home opener on main ESPN or ESPN2 was a missed opportunity given many new people were curious. You were asking them to go out of their way to have to stream and purchase ESPN+ which many casual people either won't or don't want another additional expense. I know that's not the Krakens fault, more the league and ESPN's.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
Another Kraken game tonight another black out from Root Sports When is the Kraken management going to wake up and fix this issue. This is the most ass nine thing I have ever seen. STUPID STUPID STUPID

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
I guess that works for you but every one else Just saying

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
With the Sounders and prime stuff. I was a little surprised we didn't go that path for the kraken given that Andy Jazzy is one of our owners and Amazon sponsoring the arena.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Another Kraken game tonight another black out from Root Sports When is the Kraken management going to wake up and fix this issue. This is the most ass nine thing I have ever seen. STUPID STUPID STUPID
It's nationally on NHL Network, so why it's not available on ESPN+

Sorry but Kraken are not going to broadcast their games for free on a local over the air channel. There's no money in it for them. No NHL, NBA nor MLB team does this. They are all linked to a local sports network for their local games that are not part of a national deal. MLS is not major league and they need all the eyeballs they can get hence the free OTA and Prime options can be made available as well as ESPN+ and the national deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad