TV Broadcast thread- Root Sports, ESPN etc

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016
If my video provider already carries ROOT SPORTS and I am located in the Seattle Kraken territory, will I get Seattle Kraken games?
If you are in the Seattle Kraken territory and already receive ROOT SPORTS as part of your package your video provider will be offered the opportunity to deliver Seattle Kraken games to their customers. We hope the tv providers elect to make that product available to their customers.

Kraken Questions

Has it been confirmed that Comcast in the Seattle area will have Kraken games? I think most assumed if their provider had ROOT and lived in the teams tv territory they would get the games but that doesn't appear so.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Kraken Questions

Has it been confirmed that Comcast in the Seattle area will have Kraken games? I think most assumed if their provider had ROOT and lived in the teams tv territory they would get the games but that doesn't appear so.

It’s been confirmed, however parts of Idaho (not north Idaho) and Montana who are technically part of the ROOT NW territory opted to go with Vegas. The games will be on ROOT on Comcast otherwise throughout the northwest coverage area.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I got Fubo Tv to what I thought would allow me to watch the pre season games. That was a big fat nope.
I had Fubo already and was pretty disappointed that ROOT Sports was not being aired on it for the pre-season game. No idea what the date it becomes available either. I did a trial of DirecTV Stream which worked great for me. My Fubo subscription runs out on 10/09 and the DirecTV Stream trial runs out on 10/10. I prefer Fubo over DirecTV Stream but may keep DirecTV over Fubo till they start showing ROOTS.

Last edited:

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016
Fubo tv should have Root Sports sometime before the first regular season game. Directv is also confirmed to have Kraken games

Unless if I’m missing something, it does seem like cable providers and root sports will have to come up with a new agreement (more $$) even if they already carry root sports in the kraken tv territory, otherwise the games will be blacked out.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Fubo tv should have Root Sports sometime before the first regular season game. Directv is also confirmed to have Kraken games

Unless if I’m missing something, it does seem like cable providers and root sports will have to come up with a new agreement (more $$) even if they already carry root sports in the kraken tv territory, otherwise the games will be blacked out.

FuboTV has already signed with ROOT sports. Just no confirmation of the date it starts being aired outside the vague .. before the NHL season starts.

DirecTV Stream already has ROOT sports. That is where I watched the game on last evening.

doublejman

Oct 28, 2016
It’s been confirmed,.
Is there a source for this? I’m only asking because Comcast deal with Root expired earlier this year, both parties have extended the previous deal a few times already, It would seem like that an agreement that was signed several years ago wouldn’t include kraken games.

These contracts for the most part do get signed at the very last minute, Comcast didn’t agree to the Chicago Cubs new network until a day or two before a new season.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Well, If you consider that I'm watching Root on comcast right now and they are advertising the HELL out of the Kraken, and that I watched the preseason game on it, that it's a pretty solid source. Comcast has Root.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Can someone explain the logic behind Root muting all crowd noise during the broadcasts? What producer in their right mind thinks this is a good idea? I certainly hope your home game broadcasts are not like this. It was really depressing watching the past few nights on Root.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Weird. I heard plenty of crowd noise at all 3 games. PLENTY. It did seem quieter in Calgary, but perhaps that due to the unusual shape of the roof and how sound bounces off of it and where the microphones are placed. It could also just be an equipment issue, but I definitely heard fans last night regardless of it being noticeably quieter than the previous 2 games.

Reactions: brewski420

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Weird. I heard plenty of crowd noise at all 3 games. PLENTY. It did seem quieter in Calgary, but perhaps that due to the unusual shape of the roof and how sound bounces off of it and where the microphones are placed. It could also just be an equipment issue, but I definitely heard fans last night regardless of it being noticeably quieter than the previous 2 games.
Interesting. The game in Edmonton sounded like a funeral, even though they had a packed house. Will keep an eye on it or ear :)

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Even then, it still has more reach than any other regional option. Dish is garbage, had it for years. The only good thing about it was that it was cheap. Several streaming options are just as good now and in the same price range.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hey Guys,

Just curious if tonight's game is going to be televised

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It'll be on ESPN+ if you don't live in an area covered by King 5. Otherwise, it's on King 5, live. Replay on Root after the Mariners game.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
That doesn't work for me. ESPN+ can detect my VPN, maybe I am doing it wrong though.
Yeah. I am not surprised. I am pretty sure they have a list of IP's and IP ranges from VPN providers.

For now, I am hoping FuboTV gets its act together and does add ROOT before the start of the season. They announced on Sept 9 that they would be doing that but pre-season has come and gone and no updates since then.

TwineFlue

Jul 19, 2021
Everett
Yeah. I am not surprised. I am pretty sure they have a list of IP's and IP ranges from VPN providers.

For now, I am hoping FuboTV gets its act together and does add ROOT before the start of the season. They announced on Sept 9 that they would be doing that but pre-season has come and gone and no updates since then.

I paid for FuboTv, I am hoping too!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5