Tuukka????

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.

Posting in this thread like picking at a scab.

I wouldn't call this a higher example of ridiculous than I'm used to, but it's just to the left of other absurd heights.

Concerned about Rask's ability because of his performance in a fake hockey game... Seriously? Do we not... Like, do we not have ACTUAL evidence to start a discussion with? Or are we going to start worrying that Seguin's new haircut is going to slow his footspeed? Maybe we could start examining teams' records when the McRib is available, compared to when it isn't. How this year's Oscar nominees will affect John Tavares' plus/minus rating...

As long as Seggy's stylist didn't go to the Joe Corvo college of cosmetology we should be o.k.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm just saying it's hard to discuss the game without being accused of having no patience. I think Rask will be great, he just wasn't last night.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm just saying it's hard to discuss the game without being accused of having no patience. I think Rask will be great, he just wasn't last night.

This wasn't a discussion about the game, though. There's a whole thread dedicated to exactly THAT.

This was a thread saying how bad Rask was. In a fake game. If there's actual conversation potential to be had there, I'm not sure I can see it.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007

this is true to a degree... but it is a rookie user posting it. no mention of rask's 1.85 gaa, .936 sv% overseas... singling out rask based on scrimmage was bound to get this reaction.

plus, a discussion usually requires more than the opening message. the reaction was inevitable, but hey... i been posting (rather infrequently) for years and whenever i say something... it just goes into the void... all discussion exists before and after whatever i say lol.

if a post is made on hfboards and regulars are there to see it.... does it get read?
who knows

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Again.. all you need to know about Rask's mindset last night (and really, the entire team) was that goal where Sauve (or whoever) was allowed to whack at his pad and he did nothing to cover the puck. he just sat there staring at the puck until it finally sneaked by. (just as the Boston defense just sat there letting Sauve get away with hitting Tuukka's pad/puck all night)

Seriously.. that's a microcosm of what last night was. Neither Tuukka nor the Bruins took that game seriously. Now we can debate whether or not that's okay when they have a real game coming up in a few games but debating whether Tuukka is good to go or not is ridiculous. He just came back from Europe where he dominated...

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
This wasn't a discussion about the game, though. There's a whole thread dedicated to exactly THAT.

This was a thread saying how bad Rask was. In a fake game. If there's actual conversation potential to be had there, I'm not sure I can see it.

Maybe I should have posted that in the other thread, I meant that comment to reflect most aspects of the scrimmage, not just Tuukka's play.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hey, if you guys aren't happy with Rask we have James Reimer as a good replacement...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Your daughter has great taste. Steve is one of the few players I have ever gone puckbunny over :nod: :laugh:

And yeah his mask rocked!

She has never been boy crazy and has a good head on her shoulders....but if we had our seats next to the bench when Steve was sitting there she would have gone nuts. ;)

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
To the OP: This posters on this Bruins board are sometimes blindly loyal to their young goalies. Sometimes even when criticism is warranted (like today)

Ex. I read dozens of posters saying that Toivonon was going to win the Calder. He was out of the league in a few years.
Ex. There was once a thread wondering if Kevin Regan was a better prospect than Rask. He is out of hockey (as far as I can tell)
Ex. Rask was not allowed to be criticized after the embarrassing playoff loss to Philly for about a year.

The moral of the story is don't overreact, but also don't take the insults to heart either. Other than a few posters (Hub, OOG, etc) we are all just fans, not experts.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
To the OP: This posters on this Bruins board are sometimes blindly loyal to their young goalies. Sometimes even when criticism is warranted (like today)

Ex. I read dozens of posters saying that Toivonon was going to win the Calder. He was out of the league in a few years.
Ex. There was once a thread wondering if Kevin Regan was a better prospect than Rask. He is out of hockey (as far as I can tell)
Ex. Rask was not allowed to be criticized after the embarrassing playoff loss to Philly for about a year.

The moral of the story is don't overreact, but also don't take the insults to heart either. Other than a few posters (Hub, OOG, etc) we are all just fans, not experts.

for me it's not about blind loyalty, although i believe 100 games of nhl experience is a better indicator of what we have in Rask than 1 scrimmage game after a 9 month layoff as a team. it is about the necessity of singling out 1 guy and starting a thread on him rather than discussing it in the gdt.

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here

i'm actually an expert at two things

- goaltending
- posting

and i can tell you that this thread is p bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad