Tuukka????

jasonbaz77*

Rask is the All-Time Save % leader with at least 100 games played. I'm not all that concerned. Once this team gets back into shape and playing the system. They will be fine.

+1.

Rask is the last thing I am worried about on this team.

#1 worry is the power play...it's also 2-8. If they can get a PP they can win the Cup. I have said that before, but they never got a PP. The PP cost them a great chance last year. Haven't seen any changes other than Hamilton who will not likely make an impact this year (I hope he does though.)

Goaltending is not an issue.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
:shakehead:help::p:Good Lord

Stop these threads please.

PLEASE KEEP NEW POSTERS FROM STARTING THREADS FOR AT LEAST A YEAR. THANKS, Ladyfan

GodTukka*

Panicking over a scrimmage?

Sheesh, give the guys time to get used to things again.

Rask will be at least sevicable if not better (Better be with that freakin' defense in front of him)

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I did not see the game.

That being said, I`m still not particularly confident in Tuukka`s ability to steal heavy games. He had one spectacular season, and a so-so playoff run. I think I`ve seen that movie before...

Don`t get me wrong, I`m hoping for the best.

GodTukka*

People clearly can't read. Topic is how Rask let in 7 goals last night against an AHL team. I'd say that's bad.

Everybody has bad games.

Keep in mind Rask was hurt while he went over to Europe so i don't think he played as much as some of the guys on the team.

If he comes out and lays multiple eggs to start the year off then i'll worry

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
People clearly can't read. Topic is how Rask let in 7 goals last night against an AHL team. I'd say that's bad.

It is WAY too early to panic about Tuukka.

It wasn't even a real game.

Folks have to give Tuukka a shot before starting these threads.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Ever watch pitchers in spring training give up 6 runs in 2 innings? Afterwards, they usually talk about the fact that they were working on certain things like their curveball.

So ya, even though I don't particularly trust Rask either, last night's results are meaningless.

As I said in another thread, this place gets worse every day.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
our ability to second guess our players hasn't gotten rusty at all with the lockout. we already want to trade krejci, be concerned about tuukka. who is the new corvo though, the lightning rod that causes all the goals.

but realistically... I expect our team to put it together and Rask to be able to do the heavy lifting. Is Khudobin winning with the AHL team impressive at all? He has a 1.32gaa, .961sv% in his limited 7 nhl games... there will likely be a stretch where we will need him to perform. I remember him being great in the 1 game he played last year where he made like 40+ saves (maybe against Sens?)

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
It was nice having the lockout as there were none of these threads that kept popping up after anything went wrong.

Remember Patty Roy on December 2nd 1995, he let in 9 goals that game.

Tuukka will be fine especially when they are playing a real game and not a scrimmage.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Posting in this thread like picking at a scab.

I wouldn't call this a higher example of ridiculous than I'm used to, but it's just to the left of other absurd heights.

Concerned about Rask's ability because of his performance in a fake hockey game... Seriously? Do we not... Like, do we not have ACTUAL evidence to start a discussion with? Or are we going to start worrying that Seguin's new haircut is going to slow his footspeed? Maybe we could start examining teams' records when the McRib is available, compared to when it isn't. How this year's Oscar nominees will affect John Tavares' plus/minus rating...

GodTukka*

Posting in this thread like picking at a scab.

I wouldn't call this a higher example of ridiculous than I'm used to, but it's just to the left of other absurd heights.

Concerned about Rask's ability because of his performance in a fake hockey game... Seriously? Do we not... Like, do we not have ACTUAL evidence to start a discussion with? Or are we going to start worrying that Seguin's new haircut is going to slow his footspeed? Maybe we could start examining teams' records when the McRib is available, compared to when it isn't. How this year's Oscar nominees will affect John Tavares' plus/minus rating...

Well i mean with aerodynamics if anything it could make him faster and Tavares might stop playing as hard if his favorite movie doesn't win best picture....

Meh, i'll stop trying now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad