Post-Game Talk: Tuukka Stellar in 2-0 win over Bolts

nycbruins*

Different players for different teams. The whole "this guy was bad for this team, how would he be good for us?" Thing is short-sighted. As is thr ahl thing, as he was there for contract reasons.
He is talented, lh & has been there

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Different players for different teams. The whole "this guy was bad for this team, how would he be good for us?" Thing is short-sighted. As is thr ahl thing, as he was there for contract reasons.
He is talented, lh & has been there

Short sighted is thinking I brought up the AHL because I was trying to say Redden was in the AHL because he wasn't good enough for the NHL ;)

The real point is that even if he was in the AHL because of his horrible Gomez-like contract, he's been playing against AHL caliber players for 2 years. Instead of playing against Crosby and Ovechkin he was playing against Chris Bourque.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Short sighted is thinking I brought up the AHL because I was trying to say Redden was in the AHL because he wasn't good enough for the NHL ;)

The real point is that even if he was in the AHL because of his horrible Gomez-like contract, he's been playing against AHL caliber players for 2 years. Instead of playing against Crosby and Ovechkin he was playing against Chris Bourque.

I can see this point-although I also think if he had an NHL caliber game befor being buried in the ahl then he will pick it up more quickly than an ahl defenseman getting a taste of NHL games.

In the end Redden isn't competing with Hamilton for a spot- he is competing with Bart and Johnson.

Hamilton is competing with Mcquaid. I think who starts and who steps in may depend on what the team is looking for. Hamilton has more offensive upside but gets pushed around a lot in the defensive end (hopefully as he gains more muscle mass this wont be as big a problem). McQuaid is better defensively and more than anything brings a snarl to the defensive corps. I don't think he much offensive upside at all.

Julien may start with one and switch to the other depending on what happens and who the team is playing. I also can't imagine McQuaid doesn't get injured if the series goes longer than the first round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad