Post-Game Talk: Tuukka Stellar in 2-0 win over Bolts

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Best game I have seen from an NHL goaltender in recent memory...

Tuukka is back... Lucic is back....Merlot is back.....The Chara/Seids and Ference/Manchuk pairings are back....All we need now is Krejci between the Yeti and Jagr and WE ARE SET.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sucky first 10 minutes, but we woke up with a roar. Closest we've seen to 60 minutes in awhile, Rask was almighty. Carry this confidence into the weekend. :)

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
Weeeee.....the Bruins have gone 3-4-1 in the last 8 now....two wins are against the bottom dwellers of the east, the third against the Devils also out of the playoffs.

They've lost to Philly, who're out of the playoffs. Carolina, who're the 3rd worst team in the east. Buffalo the 4th worst team in the east, the Cinderella Islanders and the only team with any meat, the Penguins, who toyed with them.

If they don't beat the Caps, the hottest team in the Conference right now, they will not make it out of the first round.

Too many mental mistakers, Chara looks exhausted, Tuukka saved their bacon once again, (didn't Stamkos get the memo that you shoot high on him)....there's glimmers of some nice combos, but when the fourth line is the best line on the ice....well, you get my drift.

Chieftans22*

Lucic - ****ing awesome
Rask - ****ing awesome
Marchand - awesome

Rest of Team - following suit :D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Best game I have seen from an NHL goaltender in recent memory...

Tuukka is back... Lucic is back....Merlot is back.....The Chara/Seids and Ference/Manchuk pairings are back....All we need now is Krejci between the Yeti and Jagr and WE ARE SET.

A huge step in t,he right direction.

I still think they have to reduce turnovers. That is disturbing.

But yeah, good to see snarl, energy, and a tending clinic tonight.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
ace said:
Redden did something that really stood out on the PP: He shot along the ice.

When Boychuk or Chara are back there, they just fire high shots off the glass. What Redden does, when he gets it through legs, is good for both deflections and rebounds to create scoring chances.

I've been very impressed with Redden since he's been in the lineup. I'd consider playing him depending on how healthy McQuaid is and how Dougie responds to playoff competition.

I like him too. He makes a few mistakes, but overall plays a fluid game and brings an element to the blueline that the B's lack. When he was in Ottawa, he was well known for his "sloppy wristers" from the point. Sloppy only because they would just float into the goalie if no one got a stick on it. But the whole purpose of that shot is to get through, which he was very good at.

I'd like to see him in the playoffs. Hope Chiarelli isn't too attached to that 6th round pick!

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
agree that Kelly with Jagr Soderberg isn't the best fit

Redden looked much better on the PP than Chara has been

the 4th line looks good, hard to sit Thornton down when they have so much chemistry and he plays his heart out every shift, tough decisions to be made

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Marshmont with dare I say, A Gretzky like assist? Gain the zone, cut diaganally with the puck. Don't just dump it in. Keep possession. Give time for your teammates to join you. They do. Defense converges on them. And, he drops it to Coffey..err...Seidenberg for the goal!

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Weeeee.....the Bruins have gone 3-4-1 in the last 8 now....two wins are against the bottom dwellers of the east, the third against the Devils also out of the playoffs.

They've lost to Philly, who're out of the playoffs. Carolina, who're the 3rd worst team in the east. Buffalo the 4th worst team in the east, the Cinderella Islanders and the only team with any meat, the Penguins, who toyed with them.

If they don't beat the Caps, the hottest team in the Conference right now, they will not make it out of the first round.

Too many mental mistakers, Chara looks exhausted, Tuukka saved their bacon once again, (didn't Stamkos get the memo that you shoot high on him)....there's glimmers of some nice combos, but when the fourth line is the best line on the ice....well, you get my drift.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::yo:

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site

I just can't get too excited by beating teams that are playing out the string....and actually losing to some them, badly.

The Caps and Sens games are the real test IMO. They'd better play a full 60, and as Wally said, cut down the turnovers or this place is going to be lit up like the crowd outside of Baron von Frankenstein's castle....

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I just can't get too excited by beating teams that are playing out the string....and actually losing to some them, badly.

The Caps and Sens games are the real test IMO. They'd better play a full 60, and as Wally said, cut down the turnovers or this place is going to be lit up like the crowd outside of Baron von Frankenstein's castle....

ROSE COLORED GLASSES
rose colored glasses

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Play a 19 year old in the playoffs, what are you insane?! :sarcasm:

Seguin was clearly overmatched at the end of his rookie year and needed to sit at the start of the playoffs. Hamilton has had growing pains but overall has been very good. IMO he has earned the chance to start. If he struggles then you sit him, but he is the only guy on the back end who brings any creativity. Too valuable a skillset to sit him. But Claude will of course play it safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad