Former Bruins Tuukka Rask

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is my formal apology to Tuukka. I focused too much of my blame toward Rask at many times in his career; 2019 in particular. The rest of the core around him was just as much at fault. That much is now clear. Thanks for the 2013 ECF vs Pittsburgh.
A lot of people don’t realize how good we had it with tuukka and his .925 playoff save percentage.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
It was frustrating to see Rask constantly made to be a scapegoat for most of his legendary run in Boston. What an amazing goalie. We get by the Panthers easily with Rask in net this series.
definitely in his prime, and honestly, maybe even if they just pulled him in off the alumni team

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It was frustrating to see Rask constantly made to be a scapegoat for most of his legendary run in Boston. What an amazing goalie. We get by the Panthers easily with Rask in net this series.

I don’t think fans are ready for the conversation that Rask wasn’t the problem.

It was bergy and the rest of the core who constantly fell flat on their face except for one season when it took the best playoff performance hockey has ever seen out of a goalie in Tim Thomas for them to win a cup.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don’t think fans are ready for the conversation that Rask wasn’t the problem.

It was bergy and the rest of the core who constantly fell flat on their face except for one season when it took the best playoff performance hockey has ever seen out of a goalie in Tim Thomas for them to win a cup.
Krejci is the forgotten part of the core who never let them down. It is heresy in these parts, but I will miss (playoff) Krejci more than Bergeron.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The Boo Hoo Tuukka Crew is back already? Jesus H. Christ. You do realize that the reason why the Bruins fell on their faces again was because of the fact that Ullmark is a carbon copy of Tuukka? Nothing changed in terms of net minding style. Was Ullmark slightly more aggressive at stopping pucks? Yes, I suppose. HOWEVER, he still has similar flaws when it comes to big games. And when you are a Vezina caliber goalie, like Rask and Ullmark are, you need to step up and steal a game for your team when duty calls. Rask and Ullmark have never done that. Neither has Swayman, btw. That said...he did a lot more to keep the Bruins advancing than Ullmark did in the games that he started, which is similar to what we saw with Rask. Stop doing revisionist history. Rask was the weak link in the past just like how Ullmark was, because both of them didn't take it into another gear. They are regular season players. That's all they'll ever be.

• Haha
Reactions: Cape

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
“Be careful what you wish for”. Was my most common response to the Rask hate. Sad it took so many this long to admit they were off

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
The Boo Hoo Tuukka Crew is back already? Jesus H. Christ. You do realize that the reason why the Bruins fell on their faces again was because of the fact that Ullmark is a carbon copy of Tuukka? Nothing changed in terms of net minding style. Was Ullmark slightly more aggressive at stopping pucks? Yes, I suppose. HOWEVER, he still has similar flaws when it comes to big games. And when you are a Vezina caliber goalie, like Rask and Ullmark are, you need to step up and steal a game for your team when duty calls. Rask and Ullmark have never done that. Neither has Swayman, btw. That said...he did a lot more to keep the Bruins advancing than Ullmark did in the games that he started, which is similar to what we saw with Rask. Stop doing revisionist history. Rask was the weak link in the past just like how Ullmark was, because both of them didn't take it into another gear. They are regular season players. That's all they'll ever be.
Rask never stole big games?

The Bs were dead in the water against Toronto a couple times and he clutched it out, same with 2013 against the Pens. Not to mention coming 3rd in the Olympics with a flawed Finnish roster.
Rask performed at every stage he was ever put on. Win 2019 and he has the Conn Smythe. Not saying he isn't also to blame in part because of some softies, but you are dead wrong in your assessment of him. There's nothing revisionist about it, I called people with short memories out then, and I do it now.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
In the playoffs

Tuukka .925 save percentage 2.22 GAA.

Ullmark .888 save percentage 3.54 GAA

Carbon copy my ass

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
In the playoffs

Tuukka .925 save percentage 2.22 GAA.

Ullmark .888 save percentage 3.54 GAA

Carbon copy my ass

Tuukka Rask in Game 7s:

3-3, .867 Save Percentage, 3.35 GAA

When facing Toronto in Game 7s:

3-0, .894 save percentage , 2.92 GAA

When playing anyone else in Game 7s:

0-3, .831 save percentage, 3.79 GAA

Tell me again how he's not like Linus Ullmark when he plays against anyone except Toronto, exactly. Hmmm? Get your facts straight. He's Finnish Linus with more starts in net during the playoffs.

Rask never stole big games?

The Bs were dead in the water against Toronto a couple times and he clutched it out, same with 2013 against the Pens. Not to mention coming 3rd in the Olympics with a flawed Finnish roster.
Rask performed at every stage he was ever put on. Win 2019 and he has the Conn Smythe. Not saying he isn't also to blame in part because of some softies, but you are dead wrong in your assessment of him. There's nothing revisionist about it, I called people with short memories out then, and I do it now.

The Bruins didn't win because of Rask. They won in spite of Rask. Fact, not opinion.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hilarious that we are going to start bumping Rask threads. Go check out the guys game 7 stats

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Hilarious that we are going to start bumping Rask threads. Go check out the guys game 7 stats

You mean the ones where he did poorly except against the choking dogs known as the Toronto Maple Leafs? The ones I just posted up above?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Tuukka Rask in Game 7s:

3-3, .867 Save Percentage, 3.35 GAA

When facing Toronto in Game 7s:

3-0, .894 save percentage , 2.92 GAA

When playing anyone else in Game 7s:

0-3, .831 save percentage, 3.79 GAA

Tell me again how he's not like Linus Ullmark when he plays against anyone except Toronto, exactly. Hmmm? Get your facts straight. He's Finnish Linus with more starts in net during the playoffs.

The Bruins didn't win because of Rask. They won in spite of Rask. Fact, not opinion.
Really because Tuuka had 14 losses in the playoffs where he allowed 2 or less goals in the game. Another 4 losses where he only allowed 2 regulation goals but they lost in over time. Where is the offense in front of Tuukka?

So please, ramble on about 3 game 7's when in reality theres almost 20 games the offense didnt show up in front of Rask despite Rask keeping them in it. Maybe if the offense did anything in some of those other games there would have never been a game 7.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I haven't thought about Rask one bit. But I do know he is the most overrated and underrated player in Bruins history 😂

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I think anyone with a semblence of sense would think the goalie who gave them two Conn Smythe worthy runs was not the problem.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Blame rask all you want. Just keep in perspective the only time the bergy marchand core won spanning 3 vezina goalies was when tim thomas had the best postseason in NHL history for a goalie.

Tim Thomas posted a .940 save percentage and 1.98 GAA in the 2011 playoffs and the offense was so inept they went to three game 7s in that playoff run.

Do you realize how awful your team has to be offensively to put up those numbers in the playoffs and go to three game 7s?

Lets face the facts. Bergy, Marchand, etc nothing but a bunch of career long chokers except for when thomas had the best playoffs in the history of the NHL and they still barely got by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad