Former Bruins Tuukka Rask

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Statistically the best goalie in modern Bruins history. It's a shame that the team let him down in 2013 and 2019 because he was remarkable in those playoff runs (especially 2019) but since they both ended fairly ugly in the last game he gets more shit than he deserves. It sucks to see it end this way.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Statistically the best goalie in modern Bruins history. It's a shame that the team let him down in 2013 and 2019 because he was remarkable in those playoff runs (especially 2019) but since they both ended fairly ugly in the last game he gets more shit than he deserves. It sucks to see it end this way.
"But tuukka fail in g7!!!!!"

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I hate the reading that Rask will stop his comeback. I was wishing him a great comeback, great competitor and one of the best NHL keeper. What a rip Tuukla. If right the best for you and your family.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hip injuries are a killer for goalies and i feared once he sustained it, especially given he's in his mid 30s that it would be the end of the road. Carey Price will be next to fall to it given his injury was identical.

Never got the love he deserved because some fans couldn't get over the fact he wasn't Tim Thomas but i'll miss the shit out of that crazy Finnish bastard as i'm sure most here will. Was hoping he'd hang on long enough where i got to see him come to town to play the Jets, but alas...

Going by the combination of how long he was the man and how good he was, Rask will be remembered as the best goalie in franchise history considering he either owns or is right near the top of most Bruins goalie records. Thomas' star burned brighter for a while but he also fizzled out pretty hard.

Shine on, you crazy diamond. Enjoy retirement and hopefully a jersey retirement one day

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Severely underappreciated.

I love Tuukk. I hate that he had to go out like this. That damn injury and surgery. I will forever love him. I know Felger must have tent pants right now over this. f*** them all.

Rask is one of the best goalies the Bruins have ever had. Period.
Bzrx.gif
LJTIUR9.gif
B1NO.gif

Cookies to him!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Having a sv% so good the only guys ahead of you are Ken Dryden, who researchers are still trying to figure out if he ever actually lost a start and Dominik Hasek, who for my money is the greatest goalie in the history of the sport is pretty damn impressive.

I'd also like to point out that for as much as Thomas is revered as a god in Boston, Tuukka was on pace to outperform his 2011 run in 2019 statistically and was largely the only reason they survived both series against Toronto and Columbus. Much like how Thomas was the x factor in beating both Montreal and Tampa that year.

Sadly for Tuukka, the Bruins let him down in game 7 so he didn't have the same storybook ending Timmy got. (He wasn't super hot either that game but my god they hung him out to dry on both of the first two Blues goals)

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I love Tuukka, it is unfortunate it seems like it is ending this way. So now Sweeney looks like a genius for not counting on this happening.

Swayman had some roughness tonight, but he'll be fine

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Never should have started to begin with. Great player Great Bruin. God speed! With that said,

Bruins were in a grove and Sweeney Blew it up with thoughts of past glory and wasting time money and the confidence of his young goalie.

Get these idiots out of management before it burns down

Can we get one thread where you can put this f***ing agenda aside? Is it really too much to ask?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad