Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
R10961_image1
Seems appropriate to repost this this morning.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
With Halak starting today at the halfway point of the season, Rask is on pace for 48 starts and Halak is on pace for 34. Last year was 45 for Rask vs. 37 for Halak, although Rask missed a chunk of time early with his leave of absence.

Considering how well the team has performed, I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't gone to Halak a little bit more. IF the Bruins put some more distance on the rest of the division, I wonder if we'll see that number get closer to low 40s for Rask, high 30s for Halak. The more rest the better IMO.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Lol so Rask will probably be suspended for a game and the Bruins can just put Halak in for one of his like 35+ games of the season when Rask gets suspended.

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Halak should have gotten it instead of Vasilevskiy. Both Bruins goalies have been by far the two best goalies in the Atlantic, though I'm not all that disappointed to have them just be able to rest for a few days.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins have a back-to-back coming out of the break so he would have sat one of the games anyways. I think they probably would have put him in vs. the Jets and then have Halak the next day against the Wild, but no big deal to flip that.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm fine with this decision. I don't cry about Ovi and Sid refusing to go to the ASG in the past - why would I cry about Rask? Yes, I jokingly say they should be drawn and quartered for their refusal to show, but c'mon - it's a meaningless game, and these guys need rest. I think if you've done one ASG, you've done your duty to the fanbase.

If anything, Rask has shown that rest vastly improves his game. He's shown that he's good for about 70 games during a year. That means if you want him to be able to play 20+ games in a deep playoff run, you keep him in the 40s, which is exactly what we did last year.

The one thing I'm not a fan of: the suspension length. I think pitchers in MLB have different rules than position players for suspensions, right? I mean, they have to. Same should go for goalies in hockey - I wouldn't be opposed to the punishment for goalies being a suspension for both games on either side of the ASG, not just one. Rask being out for WPG means literally nothing - there's a decent chance he wouldn't have played that game anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Smart man

Do people even care about the ASG anymore? The skills comp is kinda cool I guess but I really just don’t care. Probably won’t watch

I do care about the bruins season though and tuukka with more rest is a better Tuukka

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'd want off this team right now if I'm Rask........would probably calm down after a few days, but I'd have a real tough time looking any of them in the eyes in the locker room after last night's "performance".

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad