Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah I think Rask and Butch need to get together with a couple sharpies and the remaining schedule and discuss circling enough games for him to start to get the Vezina. He should move up the GP list automatically with no injuries a couple extra starts could be the difference between taking it home and not.

Reactions: sooshii

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yeah I think Rask and Butch need to get together with a couple sharpies and the remaining schedule and discuss circling enough games for him to start to get the Vezina. He should move up the GP list automatically with no injuries a couple extra starts could be the difference between taking it home and not.

f*** the vezina. Keep him fresh for the playoffs

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
**** the vezina. Keep him fresh for the playoffs

Meh I don’t want him pissed at us for costing him hardware. 2-3 extra starts to climb the GP list won’t make a difference. You’d just be messing with the rotation and Halak and what’s working.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I would argue fatigue has an effect on those workhorse goalies and its easier when you're a tandem goalie.

I can see it being a controversial decision of he wins having played less than 50 games. Full disclosure, I'm on my phone and did not check to see how many games previous winners played. Bruins have 23 games left and if he played them all he'll hit 56?

That being said, Rask should be a Vezina finalist because of how dominant he's been this year, if he wins I don't think too many people will be angry. They might ***** and whine about GP for a week or two.

Rask has 34 games played. Halak starts tomorrow and then there will be 22 games remaining, which they should split close to 50/50. That would take Rask to 45 games played. Last season he played 46.

I think the apparent Vezina favorites are Vasilevskyi, Rask, Bishop and Hellebuyck. Of those Bishop has just 4 more games played than Rask. Vasi has 45 and Helle 48.

While I can understand the Jets situation, the Lightning are just being very shortsighted (not to say dumb). They are garanteed at least second place in the division but are playing Vasi non-stop for nothing else than making sure to catch the Bruins, instead of managing his workload to be well rested for the playoffs.

But as far as the Vezina goes, Vasi is the clear favorite if Tampa keeps doing it and there would be no point to add 5 extra games just so Rask can have a chance for a regular season award.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Meh I don’t want him pissed at us for costing him hardware. 2-3 extra starts to climb the GP list won’t make a difference. You’d just be messing with the rotation and Halak and what’s working.

You really think Rask cares one fig about an individual trophy at this point in time? He doesn't. I'm sure he considers it nice that he's won it before but that's all the more reason why he has zero interest in chasing it again. A guy like Rask has one goal left in his career - to win the Cup as a starting goalie. Nothing else matters, nothing else is worth so much as a second glance. The Vezina will play zero part in how he and team management sort out the rotation with Halak for the rest of the season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Goalies in the conversation are:

Vasilevsky: 43 GS, 31-9-3, .921
Hellebucyk: 46 GS, 24-18-5, .919
Rask: 34 GS, 22-5-6, .931,
Markstrom: 41 GS, 22-16-3, .918
Bishop: 37 GS, 19-12-4, .924

Jarry is a wild card.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Sucks about how awful the Bs have been in OT and the SO this season in terms of W-L record for Tuukka. 4 or so more wins would look better for the Vezina at this point.

It would be great to see Tuukka get the Vezina, but the Cup is far more important. Rask has been in a rhythm for a while now, so zero point in changing things up. Also, even if the Bs started working him more there is no guarantee that he would win the trophy. NHL awards choices can be as baffling as decisions by DoPS. Butch needs to keep on keeping on with how he has been handling the goalie situation.

Reactions: JOKER 192

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Goalies in the conversation are:

Vasilevsky: 43 GS, 31-9-3, .921
Hellebucyk: 46 GS, 24-18-5, .919
Rask: 34 GS, 22-5-6, .931,
Markstrom: 41 GS, 22-16-3, .918
Bishop: 37 GS, 19-12-4, .924

Jarry is a wild card.

markstroms game against the bruins where he allowed 4 was the most impressive 4-allowed game from a goalie I’ve seen in awhile. Should’ve been 8 goals.

I think what he does behind that defense is impressive

rask is my pick though ;)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
markstroms game against the bruins where he allowed 4 was the most impressive 4-allowed game from a goalie I’ve seen in awhile. Should’ve been 8 goals.

I think what he does behind that defense is impressive

rask is my pick though ;)
Yeah, he's really underrated.

I just think Rask's games played will affect his chances. Vasilevskiy has an absolutely absurd 8-win cushion on every other goalie, a full 33% better than anyone. I think most voters will be enamored with that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I just think Rask's games played will affect his chances. Vasilevskiy has an absolutely absurd 8-win cushion on every other goalie, a full 33% better than anyone. I think most voters will be enamored with that.

would be tough to argue with him that’s for sure

As an aside it’s pretty impressive to see Rask stay towards the top of the league through multiple waves of goaltenders. He was there with the Price’s and Henrik’s, now he’s there with the Vasilevsky’s and Hellbuyck’s

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah but Tuukka dominates the stats

2.11 GAA vs 2.41
.930 sv% vs .921

Plus having a bunch of wins on that Tampa team isn't an impressive feat

Reactions: missingchicklet

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Likely correct about that, despite Rask having the better stats overall. Who knows, maybe they will look at all the OT/SO losses and recognize the Bs have been trash at those. Also, lots of season left. Maybe a couple of those guys in the running will hit a cold spell. Would be terrific if the Bs could go into the playoffs with a well rested Rask in addition to Tuukka getting the Vezina.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You barely even notice Rask at the moment, and I mean that in a positive way. He's so dialled in and playing so well that you just don't worry about our net when he's there and he doesn't make many big highlight-reel saves because his positioning and anticipation are so good he's got most shots covered without the need for a big flourish. A real calming presence for the whole team, and for us fans! He and Vasilevskiy are just a class above at present.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
would be tough to argue with him that’s for sure

As an aside it’s pretty impressive to see Rask stay towards the top of the league through multiple waves of goaltenders. He was there with the Price’s and Henrik’s, now he’s there with the Vasilevsky’s and Hellbuyck’s

Nah, I think it's the other way around. Those guys are hanging with Rask, the best there is.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nah, I think it's the other way around. Those guys are hanging with Rask, the best there is.

not gonna argue that he’s the best, I agree

im more or less saying hes seen multiple waves of goalies come and go while he keeps staying the same. He’s basically wooderson.

Reactions: patty59

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I'm cracking up at the Vezina thread on the main board.

Guy posts about how Vasi is clearly the front runner and posts a split from the beginning of the year and his best 22 game stretch of the season as his reasoning.

Vasi's best 22 starts are still worse than Rasks entire seasons stats.

I don't even care if he wins it, I'm sure he isn't either, but my god do people underrate some of the players on this team despite the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad