Not open for further replies.

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
R10961_image1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone have the link that Rask actually sucked tonight and all the shots were in non scoring areas by guys at the end of shifts or didn’t have a good night sleep last night

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Imagine where this team would be if they would have kept Jones and got rid of Rask.

That was a solid brain wave for some of you around here, huh?

lol
Funny because Jones really didn’t look that bad last night and honestly I didn’t notice Rask was playing. Those sharks are a mess

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Funny because Jones really didn’t look that bad last night and honestly I didn’t notice Rask was playing. Those sharks are a mess
Which is an excellent trait for a goalie.

For years Rask has been underappreciated because he isn't as flashy as some other top goalies. His position is second to none. That's why he isn't making those Hasek-esque save as often as some others. Tim Thomas (for example) was the exact opposite. People let their eyes deceive them.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Which is an excellent trait for a goalie.

For years Rask has been underappreciated because he isn't as flashy as some other top goalies. His position is second to none. That's why he isn't making those Hasek-esque save as often as some others. Tim Thomas (for example) was the exact opposite. People let their eyes deceive them.
You could post in this in every player's thread and it would still be just as true.

Also, gotta love that every Old Guard Media Hack's favorite athletic goalie Jonathan Quick is declining just as sharply as his detractors predicted.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Haven’t been able to see any Bruins games this season, so I would like to ask.

Are Rask’s numbers representative of how good the B’s defence is, or has he just been lights out?

I just watched a 20 minute highlight reel of the best saves from the month of October and I don’t think there was one single save from Rask, so I am assuming the team defence has been solid.

And no, I am not claiming a highlight reel to be a good source of information, but I was craving for some action from TUUUUU...

Cheers!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Haven’t been able to see any Bruins games this season, so I would like to ask.

Are Rask’s numbers representative of how good the B’s defence is, or has he just been lights out?

I just watched a 20 minute highlight reel of the best saves from the month of October and I don’t think there was one single save from Rask, so I am assuming the team defence has been solid.

And no, I am not claiming a highlight reel to be a good source of information, but I was craving for some action from TUUUUU...

Cheers!

He basically has stretches where he can't be scored on, and he does it while making it look easy, not many highlight reel flashy saves, just sound positioning and a dialed in glove hand.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Rask has been insane. When he gets into the zone, he takes his game to another level. We talk about Pasta possibly being the best player in the league right now, and I think Rask should be in that conversation as well.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Dont forget that Tuukka has never scored a single goal in the finals...

At the moment there is none 1st goalie in the nhl than Rask who i would put between the pipes when the Finals begin. The listed goalies above havent showed that kind of effort in the playoffs what Rask has provided to Bruins. the lost in the final series was never Rasks fault because Bruins 1st unit should have showed to finals.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Dont forget that Tuukka has never scored a single goal in the finals...

At the moment there is none 1st goalie in the nhl than Rask who i would put between the pipes when the Finals begin. The listed goalies above havent showed that kind of effort in the playoffs what Rask has provided to Bruins. the lost in the final series was never Rasks fault because Bruins 1st unit should have showed to finals.
Every one should have showed in the finals, including Rask.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
tukka prob deserves a bump after his spinarama backhand glove save of the year

for a guy who is 50-39 in 89 playoff games
with a .927 save % and a gaa of 2.19 he sure takes a lot of unwarranted crap here

hes played in 6 playoff series and we went to the second round 3 times... the finals twice. hes only been beaten in the first round once in his career

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
tukka prob deserves a bump after his spinarama backhand glove save of the year

for a guy who is 50-39 in 89 playoff games
with a .927 save % and a gaa of 2.19 he sure takes a lot of unwarranted crap here

hes played in 6 playoff series and we went to the second round 3 times... the finals twice. hes only been beaten in the first round once in his career
To add to this, its comical how little this thread is posted in when he's on his game. If he had a poor start we'd easily be on page 30 by now.

That save was absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad