Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Tuukka not too concerned with Game 7 loss and saying he thought the Bruins had it after Game 6. Why am I not surprised.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
from today's Globe:

Rask is ready

Tuukka Rask, who started all 24 postseason games, a career high, will be back in net for the opener, the start of his 13th season.

Rask, 32, has made 495 regular-season appearances and could reach the 500 plateau this month. The Finnish thin man is signed only through 2020-21, and he was vague when asked Tuesday if he felt he would look to sign another contract beyond the one he has.

“I don’t know, we’ll see,” said Rask, laughing slightly when asked if he envisioned extending his career beyond the spring of 2021. “I’m not going to say anything . . . it’s like when you get arrested, they say it can be [used] against you, so I won’t say anything.”

The question came up because Rask, earlier during his conversation with the media, reflected on how long he might play.

“It’s tough to say, I mean, the day when you start thinking, ‘What am I doing here? I could be doing something else,’ that’s when you kind of check yourself and see how long you want to play. But so far I am having fun — obviously staying in shape and healthy is a big part of that.

“If you are lucky enough to be retiring on your own terms, I think you have won the battle. Because you see so many guys not being able to do that. Either you are hurt or you get forced out of the league. I hadn’t really thought about it. But goalies tend to play longer than the players, we’ll see.”

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Tuukka not too concerned with Game 7 loss and saying he thought the Bruins had it after Game 6. Why am I not surprised.

You shouldn't be surprised. This is how he was taught on the mental side of the game. There is a great article out there about Finnish goalies and how they are coached and trained to see the game. One of the biggest points of emphasis is to get over a bad performance, a missed save, terrible pass etc. as quickly as possible and move on to what's next.

Then again, we as fans would all feel better if he acted ripped up and engaged in a long public round of self-flagellation. Then we would know he really cares.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good work, gentlemen.

good question as I assumed it was Dryden ( the one that got away). He did have the best Save % at .919 in that group.

So should I be expecting a new car soon, that is what the prize was:sarcasm:.

Seeing Bouchard with 29 total assists is a stat that sticks out to me. Funny thing he never ever played for the Bruins, same thing for Rask being the all time #1 in wins for the Leafs drafted goalies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
good question as I assumed it was Dryden ( the one that got away). He did have the best Save % at .919 in that group.

So should I expecting a new car soon, that is what the prize was:sarcasm:.

Seeing Bouchard with 29 total assists is a stat that sticks out to me. Funny thing he never ever played for the Bruins, same thing for Rask being the all time in wins for the Leafs drafted goalies.

Yes, feel free to expect it.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad