Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I hated those comments from Rask...and I don't understand how any Bruins fan can try to spin them in a way to make them seem not that bad.

I've always been a Rask guy but he does have a reputation, and this and other things make it seem like it's well earned.

I guess it's better that it is out there, and maybe the real leaders on this team will talk to Rask and address it. We need him all in to win.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
you're right. he defintely needs to contribute more offense in those situations to help the team out.
are we playing the what if game? Because there's lots of those the other way too. Daugavins.
No one is going to bat 1.000, the problem with Rask is that he always finds a way to blow it. You can point to someone like Marchand in G7 vs. the Blues (he had a golden opportunity in the 1st in addition to the line change) but then you can also point to him being a beast in 2011 in Game 7. Rask has nothing, his best elimination game performances last year were all for naught because of shitting the bed in G7 vs. the Blues.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hated those comments from Rask...and I don't understand how any Bruins fan can try to spin them in a way to make them seem not that bad.

I've always been a Rask guy but he does have a reputation, and this and other things make it seem like it's well earned.

I guess it's better that it is out there, and maybe the real leaders on this team will talk to Rask and address it. We need him all in to win.

we actually aren’t the ones spinning anything, those who say he doesn’t care are the ones spinning shit. Deliberately leaving out key words.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
No one is going to bat 1.000, the problem with Rask is that he always finds a way to blow it. You can point to someone like Marchand in G7 vs. the Blues (he had a golden opportunity in the 1st in addition to the line change) but then you can also point to him being a beast in 2011 in Game 7. Rask has nothing, his best elimination game performances last year were all for naught because of shitting the bed in G7 vs. the Blues.
they scored 1 goal in game 7.

if we're talking mental fragility and not coming through in big situations why does the team get a pass for not stepping up for their goalie? why did the 2 goals in the first have to be back breakers? if Bergy and Z have so much competitive drive why couldn't they just care more and get a goal?

Reactions: HumBucker and CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't blame him for goals 2 and 3 yesterday as those were perfect shots. I really only care if he stops the puck tomorrow and not about any off the cuff comments. He's been two cup finals game 6 and 7 and with any luck he's a 2 time cup winner.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

he said he’s not going to stress about the results TOO MUCH and people have spun it into he doesn’t care about winning or losing, which is the most asinine shit I’ve ever heard in my life

And then he basically said it’s weird right now. Which it is. It’s super weird. This is intense hockey being played in mid August with dead silence as the backdrop

This isn’t directed at you but here’s my thing- do people honestly think Rask isn’t trying? Because that’s the only way you should be angry and I just don’t know how somebody could say that. The visual evidence we have doesn’t show a lack of effort from him

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I suspect that Tuukka is a weird dude to begin with. Add to that he's Finish and a Goalie (apologies to my Finish and Goalkeeper friends :laugh:) he sometimes comes across as if he's a little bit on the spectrum.

I don't care what he says -- stop the puck and don't create drama in the room. I thought he looked good last night (scared the hell out of me in Game 1) and got beat by some pure snipes. I have no idea how he's perceived in the room nor any ability to change that.

So with that, I just sit back and observe the lanky, kind of geeky Finish goalie that is Tuukka.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
they scored 1 goal in game 7.

if we're talking mental fragility and not coming through in big situations why does the team get a pass for not stepping up for their goalie? why did the 2 goals in the first have to be back breakers? if Bergy and Z have so much competitive drive why couldn't they just care more and get a goal?
As I said, no one is going to bat 1.000, but those guys are still warriors that do show up at the right times more often than not. Hell, you can point to the most clutch player in the league (Kane) and pick away at something. Rask just simply doesn't have that ability. Why do you think he's been such a lightning rod for criticism despite having some of the best numbers of all time in the RS and playoffs (overall)? It's because he doesn't make the saves at the right time. Thomas was a guy that absolutely did, so it's even worse in comparison.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Root

Feb 22, 2010
he said he’s not going to stress about the results TOO MUCH and people have spun it into he doesn’t care about winning or losing, which is the most asinine shit I’ve ever heard in my life

Whether he is "not going to stress about the results TOO MUCH" or he is "not going to stress about the results" really doesn't make a difference. He shouldn't have said that. Everyone's in the same boat but he's the only player I've seen make comments like this. It's a shitty look from a guy that has a reputation for not caring.

And I'm a Tuukka guy, but it bothers me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Whether he is "not going to stress about the results TOO MUCH" or he is "not going to stress about the results" really doesn't make a difference. He shouldn't have said that. Everyone's in the same boat but he's the only player I've seen make comments like this. It's a shitty look from a guy that has a reputation for not caring.

he only has a reputation for not caring because morons take everything he says and spin it into something it isn’t

And it absolutely makes a difference, I don’t know how you can say that with a straight face. It changes the sentence completely

Reactions: Alicat and Dr Hook

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

ok sure, but what's done is done, game 2 is in the book, and they need him for game 3

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
We lost one game by one goal while we played without the co-best scorer in the league.....not worried about this series in the least.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Why not? What cardinal principle are you citing here that says a person can't give an honest answer to a stupid question?

Root

Feb 22, 2010
he only has a reputation for not caring because morons take everything he says and spin it into something it isn’t

And it absolutely makes a difference, I don’t know how you can say that with a straight face. It changes the sentence completely

Okay, so the "too much" in the sentence means he cares about the results but not that much. Without the "too much" it means he doesn't care at all. Either way it is not the message you want to hear from your goalie.

And he has that reputation for good reason. But even so I don't agree with the people that say we can't win with him or that he's a choker. He's far from the first professional athlete that doesn't care as much as fans but he's an elite talent and a great goalie.

ok sure, but what's done is done, game 2 is in the book, and they need him for game 3

Agreed.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
By not completely over-committing and leaving himself out of position?

That sequence was like Mrazek vs. Krejci on roids
he moved about 2 feet to get to the guy alone at the side of the net, who had the puck.

Meanwhile Chara abandons the guy 6 feet from the net right in the slot.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Why not? What cardinal principle are you citing here that says a person can't give an honest answer to a stupid question?

So the question was stupid now? I don't get why people can't just admit it's not what you want to hear from your starting goalie. Holy shit.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I’m generally on team ‘Not Rask’s Fault’ on a lot of these goals.

But you can’t have your goalie say that he’s not stressing too much about the results of the games. If he doesn’t care about the results just play Halak

Reactions: Root

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
he moved about 2 feet to get to the guy alone at the side of the net, who had the puck.

Meanwhile Chara abandons the guy 6 feet from the net right in the slot.
Chara was going for the cross-crease to Hoffman. Are you seriously going to say Rask didn't shit himself here? Ryan has the puck on the goal-line and Rask is full-on desperation save.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So the question was stupid now? I don't get why people can't just admit it's not what you want to hear from your starting goalie. Holy shit.

What do these reporters expect players to say when they ask them crap like "how do you feel about that tough loss?" That's the kind of question that is stupid. And you didn't answer the question: why should he not say something like that? Because it makes certain fans uptight?

Root

Feb 22, 2010
What do these reporters expect players to say when they ask them crap like "how do you feel about that tough loss?" That's the kind of question that is stupid. And you didn't answer the question: why should he not say something like that? Because it makes certain fans uptight?

Because the answer is obvious...you are competing to win a Stanley Cup...you shouldn't say "I'm not going to stress about the results too much". All the players get asked the same fluff/crap questions from reporters. I haven't seen another player answer the question like that. Everyone with a brain knows this year is different, the conditions are different, but players are still trying to win. I see players going 100% in every other playoff game I've watched. They care which is great. Hearing you're goalie isn't stressing too much suck to hear.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That wasn’t the question

Okay, fine- but my point still stands that pressers are largely stupid, and the questions that are asked are generally stupid, but whatever. That is a distraction from the my actual point: why do some of you think he just can't say those things? He wasn't the reason the Bruins lost last night- their indifferent play in all three zones about halfway through the second on did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad