WEEI Tuukka Rask reveals to Greg Hill why he left Bruins

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
My friend sent me a screen shot after he saw Tuukka's name on Auburndale Mass's woodland golf club tee time page from yesterday.. I did some research and only found a 98.5 article about it, but couldn't find their tee time schedule.

Tuukka Rask Rumored on Golf Course
IF this turns out to be true, then Tuukka-gate will lead to almost universally widespread Tuukka-hate here and would end up as one of the biggest scandals in Boston sports history.

I hope for Tuukka’s sake it’s not true.

Reactions: 13Hockey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
idk, is he supposed to be chained to his daughter's bedside for 24 hours a day?

It would be bad optics if we didn't have the Greg Hill interview providing a valid reason. If he just bagged out because he was mentally weak and then went golfing and out for fun, then you'd question it.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hardly ever listen to sports radio, but I did just listen to this segment on WEEI. The one host who talked to TR says TR “talked to his daughter” and then went home.

And now, Tuukka says that “everything’s fine”.

To my mind, he either high tails it back to
Toronto now, or if he doesn’t, they trade him.

Are you a fan of Tuukka's? Are you one who has stated in the past that they will never win a Cup with him? Are you one who says he chokes when it is all on the line?

If so, why in the H-E-Double-Sherwoods do you care if he comes back? Or is there something else going on here?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
IF this turns out to be true, then Tuukka-gate will lead to almost universally widespread Tuukka-hate here and would end up as one of the biggest scandals in Boston sports history.

I hope for Tuukka’s sake it’s not true.
upload_2020-8-19_17-27-54.png

But the screenshot my friend sent me was just this and had no date but ironically 98.5 made an article about him being rumored being there sooo.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Are you a fan of Tuukka's? Are you one who has stated in the past that they will never win a Cup with him? Are you one who says he chokes when it is all on the line?

If so, why in the H-E-Double-Sherwoods do you care if he comes back? Or is there something else going on here?
Not a Rask hater. I definitely wanted him in net for us. Still do. Closing window for DK and PB. Very irked at how this has evolved and now devolved. Like I said, this probably wouldn’t have become the issue it has for any Bruin not named Tuukka.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Not a Rask hater. I definitely wanted him in net for us. Still do. Closing window for DK and PB. Very irked at how this has evolved and now devolved. Like I said, this probably wouldn’t have become the issue it has for any Bruin not named Tuukka.

Thanks for being honest.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
all the frothing at the mouth haters should be here apologizing, but Im not holding my breath there.

Not sure how anyone can fault him for going to be with his infant daughter who's in a medical emergency.

It says he talked with his daughter about her medical emergency. Lots of confusing info.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This is a joke. What if everything's fine now because Tuukka is there. What if he leaves and everything goes back to what it was and he has to return home again in 2 weeks because of the same thing.

Is Rask the only person in the NBA/NHL bubbles
dealing with family health issues?

If everything us now fine he should go back to work.

Incidentally over 30 + years ago my oldest daughter
ended up in Children's Hospital for 6 weeks and had
a chest tube in her for six months. She came within
a day of having her lung removed. I was at my job
after about 4 days off.

If reports are true about his daughter is
fine, he needs to go back to Toronto.

As I said if the reports are accurate he needs to go back
to work.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

after about 4 days off.

to work.

Is this satire?

Reactions: Ladyfan and 4Orr

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

after about 4 days off.

to work.

he doesnt need to do anything. He has the negotiated and agreed upon right to do what he is doing.
Also, sorry about your daughter. I have kids too.
What you did or had to do or what I do with mine dont mean shit. Except for us. Its personal. The decision.

What does he need to do? Whats right for him and his family
Whatever that may be.

Reactions: 4Orr and CDJ

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

after about 4 days off.

to work.

He doesn’t need to do a damn thing, not for you or for anyone else.

BTW, in guess alot of you have forgot, the players are not paid to play in the playoffs. They get awarded money for each round they continue to play. So, he isn’t even screwing his employer out of money or shitting on his contract.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He doesn’t need to do a damn thing, not for you or for anyone else.

BTW, in guess alot of you have forgot, the players are not paid to play in the playoffs. They get awarded money for each round they continue to play. So, he isn’t even screwing his employer out of money or shitting on his contract.

Of course he doesn't need to do damn thing, none of us do.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

after about 4 days off.

to work.
The difference is that you, like 99.9999% of us, including those who are quick to note that TR owes no explanation to anybody, would have no choice but to “do our job” because we needed the money.

None of us would be in a position to tell our boss that we’re leaving, without detailed explanation even, and that we’ll be back at some future date.

Why doesn't the Tuukka Principle apply to you and me? Money.

I argue that Tuukka has a “noblesse oblige” obligation to his teammates, the organization, and the fans who have made him the multimillionaire that he is.

Many here vehemently disagree with that. Working class stiffs can’t do it, too bad. Rich guys like Tuukka can, deal with it.

Funny how no one sees anything unseemly in that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Idk what companies y’all work for but my company let me take a week and a half off after my dogs died within 3 days of each other

Tuukka can do what he wants because he has the organizations full support. Money isn’t an issue for him and that makes it easier but maybe just maybe he really cares about being there for his daughter?? Idk just a thought

He owes us and his teammates absolutely nothing when it comes to his family. And even then I’m sure his teammates fully understand. Now if only some of us could grow a shred of decency and understand too.....

Reactions: 4Orr

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
he doesnt need to do anything. He has the negotiated and agreed upon right to do what he is doing.
Also, sorry about your daughter. I have kids too.
What you did or had to do or what I do with mine dont mean shit. Except for us. Its personal. The decision.

What does he need to do? Whats right for him and his family
Whatever that may be.

I have a daughter who works in a hospital in Texas
and deals with Covid-19 patients at times.
I have another daughter who works at a Supermarket
and DD. My pregnant DIL works at BI as a nurse.

Two of the three could stop working until a vax gets developed and be covered by their spouses income and insurance. They chose to work because its their avocation
and they absolutely feel the right thing to do is carry on their lives as normally as possible given the circumstances.

Given the limited info we have nothing wrong with people believing he should also.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The difference is that you, like 99.9999% of us, including those who are quick to note that TR owes no explanation to anybody, would have no choice but to “do our job” because we needed the money.

None of us would be in a position to tell our boss that we’re leaving, without detailed explanation even, and that we’ll be back at some future date.

I argue that Tuukka has a “noblesse oblige” obligation to his teammates, the organization, and the fans who have made him the multimillionaire that he is.

Many here vehemently disagree with that. Working class stiffs can’t do it, too bad. Rich guys like Tuukka can, deal with it.

See my response above.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

You’re fundamentally wrong. What makes him different is he has a collective bargained right to do this by trading agreeing to resume play extend the cba and freeze the cap.

Funny how no one recognizes that.

Me ? I had 6 months off with pay when my wife had twins. Most dont get that. But thats the breaks.

Instead of pissing and moaning about losing our entertainment. Instead of pissing or moaning on what applies to us should apply to him (although none of anything applies to us equally) . Instead of questioning whatI do as a father is what h3 must do ad a father. LOL!
Or maybe just maybe because he makes far more than most here (jealous sour grapes)
Life may not be fair. Depending on ones view.

How about we look at what he has as a contractual right? Because and that alone is what occurred here. Thats it.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

Because the owners and players hammered out a work agreement that any player can opt out for any reason at any time without repercussions. So that means, it none of your business because it doesn’t apply to you.

Maybe you need a better union or a different career, if your boss won’t let you take care of family emergencies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad