WEEI Tuukka Rask reveals to Greg Hill why he left Bruins

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Six year old’s can be tricky to deal with. I’ve had three kids. Sometimes, they think the world is ending when it’s not.

Three reporters state that DS said “there was no family emergency that TR had to rush home to”.

If I were TR, I might have requested a temporary leave, but probably not have immediately “left the team” for the remainder of the season.

See when I heard there was no family emergency, to me that equated to "this had nothing to do with family and it was entirely Tuukka's decision." I think due to his interview the night before it just pushed my mind in that direction.

Obviously had I known this was in any way family related and not just "I dont feel like playing any more" I'd have responded a lot differently. Yes, I jumped to conclusions a bit early, although I don't think it's a stretch to believe the story that I did at first.

Ya live and ya learn. I assumed too much and I was wrong. I'll own that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Hopefully he is 'willing' to comeback once the kid is in the clear

Wish they had said he was trying to deal with a problem and hoped to get back asap instead of telling us he was quitting

Anyhow words are words... actions are actions... these words are better than the last words were

Hes a very important/valuable part of the team and its better for everyone if this works out

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I hardly ever listen to sports radio, but I did just listen to this segment on WEEI. The one host who talked to TR says TR “talked to his daughter” and then went home.

And now, Tuukka says that “everything’s fine”.

To my mind, he either high tails it back to
Toronto now, or if he doesn’t, they trade him.

Right now my life is a giant clusterf*** lol. If asked, by literally anyone, I'm going to say that I am fine. That's what I always do, that's what men typically do. Such great communicators we are.

Things could be legitimately fine back home with whatever situation he had to tend to, and perhaps he still needs to be there. It can be both. We have no idea what's going on.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Hopefully he is 'willing' to comeback once the kid is in the clear

Wish they had said he was trying to deal with a problem and hoped to get back asap instead of telling us he was quitting

Anyhow words are words... actions are actions... these words are better than the last words were

Hes a very important/valuable part of the team and its better for everyone if this works out

They didn't tell us he was quitting.

What difference would it have made if they told that he was trying to deal with a problem and hoped to get back asap?

Why do you feel you are entitled to any sort of explanation?

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Right now my life is a giant clusterf*** lol. If asked, by literally anyone, I'm going to say that I am fine. That's what I always do, that's what men typically do. Such great communicators we are.

Things could be legitimately fine back home with whatever situation he had to tend to, and perhaps he still needs to be there. It can be both. We have no idea what's going on.
Well, I have to admit that this is true. Quite conceivable.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
They didn't tell us he was quitting.

What difference would it have made if they told that he was trying to deal with a problem and hoped to get back asap?

Why do you feel you are entitled to any sort of explanation?

Being a fan entitles each an everyone of us to opinions

Entertainment business that competes for fans dollars need to value a fans opinions

Like most things... theres a sliding scale where one need might outweigh a second need

But a fan will always be entitled to say f this, i quit

And in this covid enviroment the health of all them million dollar player contracts has never been more at risk

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I hardly ever listen to sports radio, but I did just listen to this segment on WEEI. The one host who talked to TR says TR “talked to his daughter” and then went home.

This is f***ing absurd. Get a clue man.

You clearly don't have kids if you think that because the situation is fine for a few days, it's time for him to take off again for what could be a month and a half.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
This is f***ing absurd. Get a clue man.

You clearly don't have kids if you think that because the situation is fine for a few days, it's time for him to take off again for what could be a month and a half.
Clearly? Oh snap, I better break it to my three kids that I’m actually not their dad.

I find it amusing that, while I will admit that it c-o-u-l-d be a lingering serious issue, my intuition, based on available evidence, says it probably isn’t but that so many here seem to be totally and certainly convinced that it is.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Not so simple. It would be a minimum two week quarantine time for Rask where he wouldn't even be allowed to skate, let alone be with the team. Then, he's got to get back into game shape and practice. Then he runs the risk of going thru all that and things at home aren't as solid as he left it.Or, his mind isn't on the task at hand because of the distraction and stinks up the joint.

He needs to stay home and take care of business and let the Bruins take care of theirs.

Reactions: CDJ

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Also: I think Sweeney was trying to do Rask a favor by saying it wasn't a family emergency. Let's Rask control the narrative instead of second/third/fourth hand info and the story getting out of hand.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
What if him leaving again makes the situation back home worse again?

And will Tuukka re-enter the bubble focused? Doubtful.

Seems the best scenario for everyone involved is for Tuukka to stay home during this time and assess when the run is over
You’d think that what may be his last true chance to win a cup would be extremely tempting if he has a competitive bone in his body. I would think if things are truly fine now, he’d be making his way back to TO

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Not so simple. It would be a minimum two week quarantine time for Rask where he wouldn't even be allowed to skate, let alone be with the team. Then, he's got to get back into game shape and practice. Then he runs the risk of going thru all that and things at home aren't as solid as he left it.Or, his mind isn't on the task at hand because of the distraction and stinks up the joint.

He needs to stay home and take care of business and let the Bruins take care of theirs.
Unfortunate. In my opinion, then, if they don’t win the Cup this year, rightly or wrongly, Rask will be blamed and I think it will be very difficult for him to come back to this team, regardless of the glad tidings now being expressed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Unfortunate. In my opinion, then, if they don’t win the Cup this year, wrongly, Rask will be blamed and I think it will be very difficult for him to come back to this team, regardless of the glad tidings now being expressed.

fixed it for you

I’ll be the first to say it- and this isn’t directed at you

If the bruins don’t win the cup and you blame Tuukka Rask you’re a horrible human being and I wish you nothing but the worst in life

Reactions: Lobster57

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Unfortunate. In my opinion, then, if they don’t win the Cup this year, rightly or wrongly, Rask will be blamed and I think it will be very difficult for him to come back to this team, regardless of the glad tidings now being expressed.

I think if they win the Cup, then it's " See? They never needed him ". Kind of a lose-lose situation for him publically in the mind of Joe Average hockey fan.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think if they win the Cup, then it's " See? They never needed him ". Kind of a lose-lose situation for him publically in the mind of Joe Average hockey fan.
which, if spared even 1/10th of a second to ponder, hopefully his conclusion was "who give a flying f*** what any of them think"

Reactions: CDJ

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
fixed it for you

I’ll be the first to say it- and this isn’t directed at you

If the bruins don’t win the cup and you blame Tuukka Rask you’re a horrible human being and I wish you nothing but the worst in life
Yeah, I mean, I guess it could turn out differently if, many months from now he—though I agree it’s an unenviable position to be in and it shouldn’t have to come to it—provides more detail into the nature of the problem.

I agree that he shouldn’t be forced to do such a thing, but I can’t see it going away absent something like that.

If it was almost any other Bruin, that actually might not be the case, but with TR, who, again, I’ve always liked just fine, because is perceived to have a lias sez faire approach, he’s kinda created the perfect storm for himself.

Reactions: minpind and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad