Boston Globe Tuukka Rask’s status unclear after goalie fails to respond to treatment for upper-body injury

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
Well the Bruins are not in first place this year and they are dealing with some major issues. Their Number 1 goalie looks to have some serious back issues and is a UFA. Your core players are 33 to 35 years of age and their age is starting to show. You only have two other star players under 30 years of age in Pasta and McAvoy. You have Carlo suffering from a concussion and now week to week with another injury. DeBrusk and Kuraly coming off Covid and both seriously struggling. You have a team that lacks offensive talent. A very condensed schedule that will make it difficult for this team to earn the final playoff spot which rewards them with playing Washington or the New York Islanders. This isn't 2011 and the door closed in 2019. There are some up and coming players that looks positive, but the Bruins really need to seriously look at a refresh of some sort. Sell off your UFA's, extra players, gain some assets and do a reset.
Excellent post ! Reality sucks , unfortunately.

Reactions: G Backup

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
As someone with a bad back I can say that back issues can be very tricky. I've tweaked my back and felt like I was in agony but 24 hours later I was pain free and going about my business. Other times I've done the exact same thing only with much less pain & it lingered 3-4 weeks or longer.

It is concerning that Tuukka's back has not responded to treatment. It may be that rest is the only thing that will heal it which means he could miss the remainder of the season.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As someone with a bad back I can say that back issues can be very tricky. I've tweaked my back and felt like I was in agony but 24 hours later I was pain free and going about my business. Other times I've done the exact same thing only with much less pain & it lingered 3-4 weeks or longer.

It is concerning that Tuukka's back has not responded to treatment. It may be that rest is the only thing that will heal it which means he could miss the remainder of the season.
yep, had fusion surgery last year, can`t wait to get back on the links next week but now suffering from Plantar Fasciitis ...ugg

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Not responding to treatment can just mean they prescribed him x number of weeks using a PT and what the PT had him do wasn’t what worked, so he could just need another round of something different

The bigger concern is just overall asset Ma agent given his age and ufa status

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
yep, had fusion surgery last year, can`t wait to get back on the links next week but now suffering from Plantar Fasciitis ...ugg

My dad just got back on the links for the first time yesterday since his fusion a couple years ago. A gentleman’s 119

Best of luck upon your return, the bar is not set high :laugh:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
This season is really starting to feel more and more like the 2009-10 season to me. The team simply can't score, and the starting goalie is hurt going down the stretch, opening the door for a prospect to come in and win the job. Tuukka had his big breakout that season when Thomas got hurt and missed a good chunk of the season + playoffs. This could be a chance for Vlader to step up and show he can be the guy here moving forward.

That said, the best thing for this team will be Tuukka returning, but only when he's 100%. No need to rush the recovery.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Halak has tested as "positive" for coronavirus, so let's rush back the guy with a tweaked back who wasn't responding to treatments. no worries there, right?! burn your Tuukka to the ground because he's retiring/leaving anyway? why would he agree to return?! this is not good unless there's a mini miracle tucked in there where Rask is suddenly fine. we all know he's not, right? clearly something is wrong with the dude's spine, literally, not figuratively.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad