Turris Criticizes SM-liiga, Discusses Lockout

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
I think that the rivalry is between Helsinki/Tampere vs. Turku, i dont think that there is bad blood between Turku-Oulu.

Personally I think that both cities are beautiful, especially in summertime, when there is miniskirt season and daylight almost 24/7. ;)

Turku is a beautiful city that is much more fun to live than Oulu or other citys in middle of Finland. Only problem is the people living there as their accent is terrifying and that the river smells like ass.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
People always ***** about hockey players being monotone and always saying the same politically correct PR stuff but when a player is finally honest, oh noe bad character guy, he is speaking out and has an opinion compared to the robots we listen to in pre and post game interviews

THIS.

I believe those calling him a baby are the babies.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
I kinda agree with him, the food in ABCs is horrible. And Kärpät has the toughest travel in the league, since they are so far from everything.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
A-aBacRCEAENird.jpg:large

John Holmes*

I'm not an expert on Finland, but I have been to Helsinki a bunch of times.

It is pretty boring. The weather sucks worse than Ottawa too.

For the record, I find Ottawa pretty freaking boring too.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
The point being missed by many here is that Turris is stealing a roster spot from some poor schmuck won't earn nowhere near the millions that Turris will get in his career. If he's so miserable over there, he can come back home and leave the spot to a guy who will be thrilled to have it. If not, shut the #$#^& up and play hockey.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The point being missed by many here is that Turris is stealing a roster spot from some poor schmuck won't earn nowhere near the millions that Turris will get in his career. If he's so miserable over there, he can come back home and leave the spot to a guy who will be thrilled to have it. If not, shut the #$#^& up and play hockey.

Basically any non-North American that comes to play in the NHL is effectively "stealing" the jobs of North American players by your standard, so why can't North Americans do it when their employer locks them out? Professional sports are about winning and managers try to put the best team out on the ice. No one "steals" anyone's jobs. 30 year old veteran gets out played by 20 year old? Guess what the 30 year old gets traded and the 20 year old gets the roster spot.

Honestly I wish people would stop throwing around that term.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This is why NHL players give robot-like responses, if they just answer a question candidly stuff like this happens. Just go back to talking about giving 110% and everything is great, the fans are great, etc Turris, that way no one can jump all over you in the media and have fans pile on you.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Can teams put players on waivers right now? If not, my feeling is they would make an exception in this case...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed. I don't get upset if people 'diss' Ottawa for being boring because its true.

I will agree that Ottawa doesn't have much flair, but I fail to see how it's boring.

There are plenty of places to go to and things to see in Ottawa. People from Ottawa are generally low key which is something I enjoy and I am especially fond of the fact that no one here thinks that Ottawa is better than it is, unlike Montreal and Toronto which are nice in their own right, just filled with egomaniacs.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Turris is an idiot.

He comes out with a whole list of complaints he didn't like about playing in Finland but if he had of done just the slightest amount of research he would have known about these things and shouldn't have signed with them in the 1st place.

source

Jul 13, 2008
All these NHLers complaining about other leagues is priceless.

Maybe time to realize how ****ing good you have it in the NHL and end the god damned lockout.

There are so many idiots in the NHL too. Either that or they really don't care about how arrogant and/or stupid they look with their media comments.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I'm pretty surprised at the number of Sens fans defending Turris' comments. Are you also prima donna professional sports players? If not, I fail to see how you can possibly sympathize with what otherwise comes across as a mixture of plain ignorance and senseless arrogance.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm pretty surprised at the number of Sens fans defending Turris' comments. Are you also prima donna professional sports players? If not, I fail to see how you can possibly sympathize with what otherwise comes across as a mixture of plain ignorance and senseless arrogance.

I'm more surprised at how big of a deal some Sens fans make for such comments. He spoke his mind when asked a question. Just because he didn't answer it like you wanted it to makes it unacceptable?

TheOriginalSilf*

I'm more surprised at how big of a deal some Sens fans make for such comments. He spoke his mind when asked a question. Just because he didn't answer it like you wanted it to makes it unacceptable?

This.

You would of thought he took a picture of himself unloading a Turd Ferguson onto the Finnish flag.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
You guys have to remember that Finns are generally very sensitive when it comes to their country :D Finland doesn't get a lot of publicity around the world so people often get very offended and it turns into a huge scandal if someone says something negative in the press :laugh: that said you would think he would have done his research at least a bit before coming over? I think one of the Helsinki teams or Espoo would have been better choices for him.. less travel, more to do, not as cold

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
Let's not speak about Finland. Lets speak about Turris who is a spoiled brat. Everybody knows that, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad