Turris Criticizes SM-liiga, Discusses Lockout

TheOriginalSilf*

Over-reaction is over-reaction. Honest about experience. But you know what, Turris COULD take a dump on the Finnish flag and I'd be fine because:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
All the foreign players (NHL lockouters too) like playing in Helsinki area. Somebody called Helsinki boring? What, are you in age group 50-80? :laugh: It's a party city with hot chicks!

But Oulu might be a harder place as it's so far in the north plus the team Kärpät has the toughest travel schedule.

Turris, how did you liked the NASCAR team jerseys? or did those hurt your eyes? I hope the NHL starts soon..so you can get back eating in Michelin star restaurants on gamedays and chill out drinking some expensive "sparkling" after the games.

This all just looks that the magazine just pointed out the negative parts in interview just to diss a foreign league. Canadian media can be as bad as the Finnish ones..I see.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
All the foreign players (NHL lockouters too) like playing in Helsinki area. Somebody called Helsinki boring? What, are you in age group 50-80? :laugh: It's a party city with hot chicks!

But Oulu might be a harder place as it's so far in the north plus the team Kärpät has the toughest travel schedule.

Turris, how did you liked the NASCAR team jerseys? or did those hurt your eyes? I hope the NHL starts soon..so you can get back eating in Michelin star restaurants on gamedays and chill out drinking some expensive "sparkling" after the games.

This all just looks that the magazine just pointed out the negative parts in interview just to diss a foreign league. Canadian media can be as bad as the Finnish ones..I see.

Its brutal man. They just look for anything to take out of context to spin a crazy story.

It's like newspapers get off on watching famous people squirm.

TheOriginalSilf*

I'm glad to see that there are Finnish people, such as yourself and others who have posted in this thread, understand and realize that this isn't Turris slighting Finland or Finnish people. I think this interview was entirely spun in a negative manner. Even then, Turris only said that he basically hates long travel and cheap, gross food. That's about it really.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
And the saga just continues! Now even the muthafakin ABC has commented about Kyle's claims. Kyle Turris is now most hated canadian in Finland. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki

Helsinki a party city? Helsinki nightlife is below average compared to other European cities in a similar population range to be honest, so I wouldn't exactly call Helsinki a party city.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Helsinki a party city? Helsinki nightlife is below average compared to other European cities in a similar population range to be honest, so I wouldn't exactly call Helsinki a party city.
Everybody have their opinions. Helsinki night life is good imo when you just stay out from some mainstream 18-20 y.o. places...and I've also seen many european so called party capitals. Though I mostly hangout in Kallio district's cheap bars/pubs than in the downtown.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Honestly, Turris is probably not making much of an effort to get out and explore in Finland. He pretty much admits in the article that he wasn't really interested in going to Europe, and mostly went because everyone else had gone (leaving nobody here for Turris to practice with).

I don't think it's a mark against his character, though. I know a hell of a lot of people who've complained about 'having nothing to do' while living in cities like Kingston or Ottawa. It's got less to do with the actual city and more to do with their motivation to find something to do.

If he really wanted to, he could always make himself a lunch so that he doesn't have to eat at truck stops. Although at the same time, understandable that you'd be disconcerted that your team typically eats at a truck stop for its travel meals.
Funny that he's the only one complaining. There's lots of higher profile NHL'ers over there in Europe but somehow they manage to not complain.

TheOriginalSilf*

Funny that he's the only one complaining. There's lots of higher profile NHL'ers over there in Europe but somehow they manage to not complain.

Yeah, we should just put him up on waivers. Who the hell needs a good center anyways? But thank you for stopping by Mr. Leaf fan--...

... HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick

But it's cause Turris is a Bad Boy for Life...and he aint going no where, he can't be stopped, cause hes a Bad Boy for life...

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The soul-less ginger in your avatar scares me. Please leave...
lol, to be honest I didn't even know I was on the Sens board. I will leave but not before I say I feel like he could be a kid like Heatley, he loves where he is when everything is fine and dandy but when the going gets tough he checks out. Obviously I could be dead wrong but I don't get the sense he's a loyal soldier like Alfie has been.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

Fun fact = Ottawa is a city rated pretty high up on the likes to complain list.

I think Turris is just settling in to the local culture. You should hear my aunt when we go out to dinner with her.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
lol, to be honest I didn't even know I was on the Sens board. I will leave but not before I say I feel like he could be a kid like Heatley, he loves where he is when everything is fine and dandy but when the going gets tough he checks out. Obviously I could be dead wrong but I don't get the sense he's a loyal soldier like Alfie has been.

tumblr_m85qnzmsk61rpyo16o1_500.gif

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

:laugh:

Look, we knew Turris was a head case when he bailed out on Phoenix instead of being a team player and following their system, and Phoenix is not a bad team at all.
He SEEMS to be happy here and productive as well, so while he brings results it's all good.
If ever he slacks off the fickle segment of the fanbase will turn on him and make his life hell.

As for the Leafs, worry more about Kessel not leaving, getting a goalie and just being...relevant.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Smif is the Finnish word for bored.

Spelled with that i with two dots though.

. .
|

TheOriginalSilf*

:laugh:

Look, we knew Turris was a head case when he bailed out on Phoenix instead of being a team player and following their system, and Phoenix is not a bad team at all.
He SEEMS to be happy here and productive as well, so while he brings results it's all good.
If ever he slacks off the fickle segment of the fanbase will turn on him and make his life hell.

As for the Leafs, worry more about Kessel not leaving, getting a goalie and just being...relevant.

No. That's incorrect. How can we know something that isn't true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad