Turris Criticizes SM-liiga, Discusses Lockout

General Granny*

If it makes you feel better he complained about the cold in Ottawa after arriving from Phoenix, the guy likes to complain, what else can you say?

LOL more like he said it was colder here compared to Phoenix, but go ahead and continue to add false statements to support some stupid point.

Finland does suck, especially for a 20 something rich kid. Get over it.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
People always ***** about hockey players being monotone and always saying the same politically correct PR stuff but when a player is finally honest, oh noe bad character guy, he is speaking out and has an opinion compared to the robots we listen to in pre and post game interviews

Bingo!

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Geez I always get so torn up when basketball players don't want to live in Ontario compared to Florida...

Who cares he is obviously Finnish'd living in there.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa's boring unless you have friends to visit, go skiing with, see movies with, ... He's young and homesick and alone. A different person in the same situation might make friends, explore, answer letters to Santa. Or maybe Finland really is full of introverts, and there's nothing to do but take vitamin D supplements.

Big deal. NHL players complain about Ottawa all the time.

TheOriginalSilf*

If it makes you feel better he complained about the cold in Ottawa after arriving from Phoenix, the guy likes to complain, what else can you say?

Why am I not surprised Tuna99 is making the biggest deal out of this non-problem. Did Turris boink your Mother and/or Sister?

The guy seems As genuine as they come. He simply is frustrated with this entire situation. It doesn't sound like he had a lot of choice in going overseas as he knew that he needed to stay fresh. I'd be pretty fed up to if I went from being perfectly happy in Ottawa playing in the NHL to playing in a foreign country with 4 hours of daylight a day. The travel sounds absolutely awful and his comments about food isn't earth shatteringly offensive. He doesn't care for Finland, so what?

As others have said "mountain out of a mole hill". But sure, let's deal him for a 6th round pick. We don't need this cancer (who likes to spend his time within the community with children who have special needs and children with illnesses and has continuously praised the city of Ottawa). Cancer I tells ya.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Ottawa's boring unless you have friends to visit, go skiing with, see movies with, ... He's young and homesick and alone. A different person in the same situation might make friends, explore, answer letters to Santa. Or maybe Finland really is full of introverts, and there's nothing to do but take vitamin D supplements.

Big deal. NHL players complain about Ottawa all the time.

Yeah well if you truly think Ottawa is boring Montreal is only an hour and a half to good night life. Which is awesome for a young rich kid.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
now that monster is at cheo visiting sick children with some current/former sens. Seriously why haven't they traded this locker room cancer yet. Wasn't turris playing against karlsson's team during the whole stick-gate incident? I'm guessing we found our cause kyle turris = bad influence.

**** **** **** i skipped work today ****!

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
I would rather die than live in Oulu. I completely understand Turris and I am Finnish myself. Why would anyone get outraged? The city is at same or higher latitude as Iqaluit in Nunavut.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why am I not surprised Tuna99 is making the biggest deal out of this non-problem. Did Turris boink your Mother and/or Sister?

The guy seems As genuine as they come. He simply is frustrated with this entire situation. It doesn't sound like he had a lot of choice in going overseas as he knew that he needed to stay fresh. I'd be pretty fed up to if I went from being perfectly happy in Ottawa playing in the NHL to playing in a foreign country with 4 hours of daylight a day. The travel sounds absolutely awful and his comments about food isn't earth shatteringly offensive. He doesn't care for Finland, so what?

As others have said "mountain out of a mole hill". But sure, let's deal him for a 6th round pick. We don't need this cancer (who likes to spend his time within the community with children who have special needs and children with illnesses and has continuously praised the city of Ottawa). Cancer I tells ya.

If you ever feel sorry for a guy who plays hockey for a living and complains about how he is treated in the process - then you must cry a lot when you read the news.

Most people work for a living and don't complain about having to play video games all day. Just my perspective.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

And if he has a problem with his experience, complain about your agent for ****ing up your life, not the team that is paying your way.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
I would rather die than live in Oulu. I completely understand Turris and I am Finnish myself. Why would anyone get outraged? The city is at same or higher latitude as Iqaluit in Nunavut.

Even if he's right, it seems petty to me. I know there are a lot of people who don't like Ottawa for understandable reasons, but I'd be pretty outraged if someone talked about my city like that.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008

Everything he complained about he could've known beforehand. Team Turris should've done their research or communicated better.

With that said, no problem with the actual comments but really unnecessary to upset the people that worked hard for him to get there.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not sure why you are so up in arms about his comments.

I'm sick of the lockout, but if I'm really sick of anything it is people who complain about not being treated like Kings and having to live like everyone else.

Turris plays hockey for a living and is a multi millionaire for doing it, if you can't have some perspective and realize you are the luckiest guy in the world and the worst thing that happened to you this year was you had to stay in and play video games with your other spoiled friends, or do your job by going to a press conference, then yeah, it bothers me.

I'm a big Turris fan, the guy is awesome, I think he's said enough stupid things for 1 calendar year. Just shut up and either play hockey, or don't play hockey - I don't care, just shut up.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sick of the lockout, but if I'm really sick of anything it is people who complain about not being treated like Kings and having to live like everyone else.

Turris plays hockey for a living and is a multi millionaire for doing it, if you can't have some perspective and realize you are the luckiest guy in the world and the worst thing that happened to you this year was you had to stay in and play video games with your other spoiled friends, or do your job by going to a press conference, then yeah, it bothers me.

I'm a big Turris fan, the guy is awesome, I think he's said enough stupid things for 1 calendar year. Just shut up and either play hockey, or don't play hockey - I don't care, just shut up.

The one thing to remember here is that this person went to INTERVIEW Kyle Turris. Yes that is correct a person went and actively asked Turris his opinion on his experience in Finland. It isn't like Turris just took to twitter to start whining about how crappy Finland is. Why isn't someone allowed to give their honest opinion? Sure he could have worded things more delicately but you never know the circumstances/setting of the interview. I could be happy as crap that I am rich but if I am cold, bored, and homesick pretty sure I might mention it if someone asked me about what I was doing.

I take it you would prefer an interview more like the following Tuna:

What do you do when you aren't playing hockey?
KT: Hang out with friends and enjoy my riches while pondering how lucky I am to be a professional athlete.

How is the travel?
KT: Whenever I think about travel in Finland I always just remind myself that I am the luckiest person in the world and can afford to buy sports cars back at home so I don't really care what I have to endure here.

How is the food?
KT: Well it is free so I don't have to spend my millions of dollars which I am lucky to have so that is great.

Are foreign interviews difficult?
KT: It's my job.

People need to not be so touchy about things. If someone came to Ottawa and complained about how crappy Vanier is I don't think I'd start a witch hunt.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The one thing to remember here is that this person went to INTERVIEW Kyle Turris. Yes that is correct a person went and actively asked Turris his opinion on his experience in Finland. It isn't like Turris just took to twitter to start whining about how crappy Finland is. Why isn't someone allowed to give their honest opinion? Sure he could have worded things more delicately but you never know the circumstances/setting of the interview. I could be happy as crap that I am rich but if I am cold, bored, and homesick pretty sure I might mention it if someone asked me about what I was doing.

I take it you would prefer an interview more like the following Tuna:

What do you do when you aren't playing hockey?
KT: Hang out with friends and enjoy my riches while pondering how lucky I am to be a professional athlete.

How is the travel?
KT: Whenever I think about travel in Finland I always just remind myself that I am the luckiest person in the world and can afford to buy sports cars back at home so I don't really care what I have to endure here.

How is the food?
KT: Well it is free so I don't have to spend my millions of dollars which I am lucky to have so that is great.

Are foreign interviews difficult?
KT: It's my job.

People need to not be so touchy about things. If someone came to Ottawa and complained about how crappy Vanier is I don't think I'd start a witch hunt.

I guess it's the difference in being respectful and classy or not, he chooses how he represents himself - if we disagree on this that's fine.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I guess it's the difference in being respectful and classy or not, he chooses how he represents himself - if we disagree on this that's fine.

I agree he should be classier about giving out his opinions on these things but that will come in time. The kid is what like 23 and a professional athlete? These guys are not the most cultured people to begin with normally, so just give him awhile to mature before you start really getting annoyed with what he has to say. If he starts acting like Sean Avery year in/year out then blast away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad