NFL GDT: Turkey Day Football also the rest of week 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm starting to come around to the Pete Carroll mindset of trying to end the game up seven. If Denver made a two-point conversion after the TD the game would have been over. If they missed they'd be up seven, big deal - only difference is the Chiefs wouldn't have to hit a two to tie the game. The reward of ending the game outweighs the risk of being second-guessed for making a tie easier at the end of regulation.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'm starting to come around to the Pete Carroll mindset of trying to end the game up seven. If Denver made a two-point conversion after the TD the game would have been over. If they missed they'd be up seven, big deal - only difference is the Chiefs wouldn't have to hit a two to tie the game. The reward of ending the game outweighs the risk of being second-guessed for making a tie easier at the end of regulation.

Yup...I had no issue with what Carroll did against the Pats. The upside of effectively ending the game is worth it in that situation.

Broncos to the KC 30.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
27-all was way more points than I expected.

Would've been easy to throw a flag there based on that you thought was going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad