Tukkaa Rask should come out and say "The Canadiens Are My Daddy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

There is no other way to explain how poorly this team plays when they play the Habs.

Pandering to the fans may play a bit into it. They try too hard to get overly physical to really hype up their fans / get the habs boobirds out, and they throw themselves off their own game.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Neutered by league.......

Without ability to play physical or nasty, can't handle the speed.

This is what I don't like about what some people think how hockey is suppose to be played. Hockey for the most part is all about skill, speed and toughness. It has always primarily been about that. Teams in the past to present who were low in one of those aspects or both would try to compensate by roughing up the better teams to intimidate them into not playing their game. Unfortunately, the NHL let this go way to much in the 70ies in order to bring parity to the league and to cater to those fans that loved Slapshot hockey in order to grow the sport's popularity in the US. This is not or was not how hockey was meant to be played. The NHL let it go to the point where players started to fall left and right and some even had their careers ended prematurely. Heck I'm surprised no one was killed.

What I want to see is a shift more towards what we see in other sports where unnecessary roughness is strictly forbidden so we can get back to a game based on speed and skill. Sure boston fans and fans of other less skilled teams will not agree but that just tough luck. You want your team to win more games, then recruit talent instead of goons.

Last edited:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
this thread should really be about Chara because he might have played the worst game ive ever seen him play - that Pacioretty breakaway goal setup by Weise was just a trainwreck for Chara - Hamilton

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
I think Tukkaa needs to pull another iconic Boston legend and come out and say that the Canadiens are his daddy. His number against the Habs are pretty awful. Entering tonight's game, which looks like it'll be another loss, he has a career 3-12-3 record vs. the Habs, with a .902 save percentage and 2.76 GAA. He is 122-60-26 against the 28 other NHL opponents. Just come out and admit it, it would be hilarious

Sounds like someone dislikes Rask/Bruins.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Probably because Habs are the kings of shooting less than 30 shots, yet scoring 3. An uncanny ability of theirs. RIP SV%.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So let me get this straight, out of all the games Rask has played against Montreal you choose to make a thread about him after THIS game?

He was great tonight. I'm not worried about him against Montreal. I'm more worried about the team speed as a whole against the Habs then I am anything else.

Oct 22, 2012
Rask is good. Maybe it was Lucic not following through on his promise? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, no its the NHLs fault. :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I haven't watched the Bruins outside of the habs...but I really hope these two teams meet in the playoffs. Those last 7 minutes were very intense and really game 7 playoff-esque

With this lineup I hope not, we'd have no chance. Habs always show us how slow we are. If we can make a few trades then maybe but with our boys it would be a short series.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
The good thing about good or bad stratches - they always end. And then the cocky fans get hurt. I will enjoy the tears when the time comes.

Davebo*

Probably because Habs are the kings of shooting less than 30 shots, yet scoring 3. An uncanny ability of theirs. RIP SV%.

Shots for the Bruins 35
Shots for the Habs 34

Well - we know your ability isn't the study of numbers... ;)

It's more the career vs the Habs I think is the point, but yeah - last night he was alright. Loves to give up juicy rebounds, though, my goodness.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Chara's contract is going to choke the Bruins fors years on the cap hit and Lucic is just a shell of his former self..........

Rask played well tonight so this thread is a bit off...............that being said he's 3-14-3 I believe ...ouch

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Canadiens win against Boston? Check.
Lucic spear to groin? Check.
Stupid retaliation leading to a penalty by Lucic? Check.

Seriously, Rask was one of the better Bruins tonight with Marchand and Pastrnak. I sure hope we meet them in the first round of the playoffs.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
The good thing about good or bad stratches - they always end. And then the cocky fans get hurt. I will enjoy the tears when the time comes.

Keep up your hope. This not about a bad streak. It's about total domination. The Bruins (with this current roster) is not a good match up against the Habs.

Dallas Eakins*

Rask do have terrible stats against the Habs, but tonight? He couldn't have stopped the first goal, which was 100% defense fail. He could t have stopped the 3rd..

Worst was the 2nd, but you are talking about the widest breakaway in the history of the NHL. Half the Habs line would have reached Patch before the first B defenseman. And its not like we are talking about a no-shot 4th liner. This was freakkin' Pacioretty, one of the NHL's shooting elite.

I'm not going to hold it against Tukka for tonight but in regards to the second goal I dont think Ive ever seen him stop a Habs breakaway and I know a breakaway is a breakaway but when you have supposedly one of the leagues best goalies you need him to come up big occasionally not just not cough up terrible ones(tho unfortunately against Montreal this is a small victory)

Im convinced if the Bruins and Habs went to a shootout the only way for the B's to keep pace would be to shoot on an empty net.

Dallas Eakins*

Rask is good. Maybe it was Lucic not following through on his promise? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, no its the NHLs fault. :laugh:

If Lucic followed through with his promise youd all cry "caveman!" just like the garbage throwers in the playoffs he doesnt and hes a shell of his former self. :help:

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Please....... If you think it was clutching and grabbing that was targeted you are very very wrong.

To play by the rules the rest of the League adheres to would require adopting the embellishment your boy PK favors...... and that would be distasteful.

Yes its much more respectable to have slimy PoS Marchand and nutcracker prince Lucic on your team, two of the dirtiest players in the league. Lets not forget Charas antics in past games flopping to the ice getting pushed by guys half his size. His spinorama after being barely touched by Ellar was fantastic a few years back lol.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara's contract is going to choke the Bruins fors years on the cap hit and Lucic is just a shell of his former self..........

This is gonna be hude problem for bruins. I can't even imagine how slow he's gonna be in 2 years time. He should be by then bottom pairing D and his cap hit is too high for it.

Lucic is also going to be a problem. He's gonna get 7M deal and that can ruin us with charas cap. How good can he be as an 34 year old powerforward who gets paid 7M. Just have to hope that cap is gonna explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad