Tukkaa Rask should come out and say "The Canadiens Are My Daddy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Rask was good tonight, not his fault this team is clueless when they play Montreal

Agreed. Rask has had good games and bad games vs Montreal but the fact is the bruins as a team play like **** against them and rask rarely has a good team infront of him...

I rask gave the bruins a chance they didn't deserve tonight

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Boston looks like a team that could sure use a Seguin, a Boychuk and either a Wheeler or a Horton. Maybe add clown like Thornton to entertain the kids.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Don't get it. He's just cursed vs. us, but that's probably the most perfect curse a Habs fan could wish on anyone. ;)

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
He had some trouble with rebounds tonight but he was far from being the reason the Bruins lost.

The intensity with which they were playing in those last few minutes is the intensity they should've had long before. It seemed like they were treating it like any other game, but that's not how you get out of a rut.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
I don't blame Rask for the lost at all. He and David Pastrnak was the only good thing everyone else suck.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Roy used to be cursed against the Bruins so it's just a reverse of fortunes.

I don't remember that, but it's just nice to see this. They've got such a scary good team, but can't seem to beat us. If my Sharks are facing them, I'm not so happy though.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Funny how the difference in points between the two teams is made up entirely by the 4 games they played against each other.

Velho

Sep 16, 2002
Hämeenlinna
I think Tukkaa needs to pull another iconic Boston legend and come out and say that the Canadiens are his daddy. His number against the Habs are pretty awful. Entering tonight's game, which looks like it'll be another loss, he has a career 3-12-3 record vs. the Habs, with a .902 save percentage and 2.76 GAA. He is 122-60-26 against the 28 other NHL opponents. Just come out and admit it, it would be hilarious

It can't be that hard to spell his name right. Dude, you have google and everything.

FanHabtic*

Emelin and Weise play their best hockey against the Bruins. Its uncanny. Emelin is amazing when facing Lucic. Weise is a killer. Rask is not a factor.

SWEEP!

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I think Tukkaa needs to pull another iconic Boston legend and come out and say that the Canadiens are his daddy. His number against the Habs are pretty awful. Entering tonight's game, which looks like it'll be another loss, he has a career 3-12-3 record vs. the Habs, with a .902 save percentage and 2.76 GAA. He is 122-60-26 against the 28 other NHL opponents. Just come out and admit it, it would be hilarious

Ever stranger is that he is 0-7-3 against them in Boston in the regular season.

In Montréal, he's 3-6-0, a bit better.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
he played well tonight tho

He didn't play bad tonight. Actually played pretty well. Isn't the case for most of the games, but still.

The team in general just absolutely sucks against the Canadiens. It's MUCH more than Rask. They just completely forget what a hockeys is when they see their logo.

Weirdly enough, he's the only Bruin that showed up tonight

He played well tonight though...

.939 lol

He looked solid and calm. Both goals against him were great plays. Can't blame him. He's had some rough games against us though.

He was good tonight, but he did give up some juicy rebounds.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Boston looks like a team that could sure use a Seguin, a Boychuk and either a Wheeler or a Horton. Maybe add clown like Thornton to entertain the kids.

Salary cap factored into a lot of these and yes we know the Seguin trade was stupid.

20+ teams were dumb to pass on Pastrnak to mind you.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Salary cap factored into a lot of these and yes we know the Seguin trade was stupid.

20+ teams were dumb to pass on Pastrnak to mind you.

Boston is a good drafting team. Always has been. They own the second round.

Boston went years and won a cup even after trading talented young players. Joe Thornton and Phil Kessel did nothing to hurt their team in the future. Boston lost Savard to injury and didn't lose their center depth.

But since the cup it has caught up to them. Just bad decision after bad decision. Hopefully those second round picks they got for Boychuk turn into Lucic and Krecji part II.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Rask was their best, most consistent player on the ice tonight. Outside of Pasta, (and not just because he scored) everyone else was pretty awful.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
the bruin's indiscipline vs the habs in regular season goes far back... only now do we have the team to make them pay for it consistently. We hung up there in the past sometimes because our powerplay (kovalev, sourray, streit, markov era ) stood on its head but we were not a match vs the bruins 5 on 5.

the game was one sided in terms of penalties, but honestly it should have been a lot more one sided... for those who watched it all tonight... a lot of non calls.

Mynameismark*

Well Weise is still alive....and oh baby is he thriving. :laugh:

In fact, he's killed the bear.

Not one excuse B's fans can use either. No more refs, no more back to backs...nothing.

Habs are simply better.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I see many of the posters here lack reading comprehension skills. To me, this post was just talking about how bad Rask has been, historically, against the Canadiens. Yea, tonight he played well, but how about the rest of the time through out his career? Oh yea, nvm...... the Habs are just a team that can beat him and the Bruins. His record is terrible against them and so is his GAA and save percentage.

That being said, tonight wasnt his fault.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Funny how, again and again, after a Bruins (loss) Vs. Montreal, neutral observers say that "OK, sure, this one wasn't Rask's fault" but then assume that he is still the problem because, after all, look at the record.

It is only logical that he has a losing record against the Habs because the Bruins have been dominated by them on all areas of the ice. It is logical that his save % would be down against them because the B's D and system turn into a **** show and give up a much higher percentage of glorious chances than an average game would. Our D turn into headless chickens against Montreal and leave guys completely unmarked.

The truth is that Rask has had a handful of bad games Vs. Montreal (just as Price has had the same against Boston) but he is not the problem here, not even close.

As much as it pains me to say it (because it is harder to fix and problems come from the top-down): Julien is the one who should be repeating the OP's silly phrasing in regards to the Hab's bench boss. It is like he has set up office in Julien's brain and has recently added a mailing address and furniture. There is no other way to explain how poorly this team plays when they play the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->