Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday's game Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Sky is falling, and it's not getting easier. No Papi no Muzz goalie debut....and a good little Stars team followed by an excellent Canes team.

If the team is ever going to bear down this would be the time.

Screenshot_20220315-140618_Sheets.jpg

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I think we'll be fine without Matthews and if i'm not mistaken our record shows that.
I am so pumped to have another option in net tonight.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I would rather have Simmonds than Clifford.

At least Simmonds is still a passable NHLer. I think he is a guy the Leafs could look to upgrade, and I would have liked to see Joey Anderson get an extended stretch of games if we were exploring alternative options, but he is better than Clifford (who is barely a passable AHLer these days).
Agreed about Clifford and trying Joey Anderson for more than one game. However, Simmonds has barely been a passable NHLer this season. I think they need someone like a prime Colton Orr. Barely an NHLer as well but at least he would fight and stick up for his teammates. Simmonds hasn't done it enough against the big tough teams that rough up the Leafs. He's been picking his spots. A guy in his position should play gritty every game.

Reactions: fahad203

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Two things I like about the new look of the board

1) one can leave a smiley reaction instead of just like

2) One can trace back a reply when someone is replying to a post.
Ex: If a poster replies a post on the 2nd page but their reply is on 8th page; I dont have to go find what was the post that they were replying to I can just click and I see the post that they were replying to.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I would rather have Simmonds than Clifford.

At least Simmonds is still a passable NHLer. I think he is a guy the Leafs could look to upgrade, and I would have liked to see Joey Anderson get an extended stretch of games if we were exploring alternative options, but he is better than Clifford (who is barely a passable AHLer these days).
Not sure if Joey Anderson is the right guy to have on the team right now, if the priority is sticking up for teammates. Maybe Curtis Douglas. We should have 4-5 veterans/prospects in the AHL with that capability, but not going to happen with Dubas at the helm. Teams we might meet in the playoffs will be taking liberties with our team of (mostly) snowflakes from here to the playoffs. Is there no one in the organization to teach the players grit and fighting skills? Even Dave Schultz didn't start out tough.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Glad Kallgren gets the nod. No pressure here kid, you can't be worse than Mrazek.
That second line of Robertson-Kerfoot-Nylander should do well together. Lots of speed and skill there to create chances.
Lyubushkin paired with Rielly is nice to see. He deserves that spot more than Liljegren has. Better compliment too imo.
And I hope Clifford shows some grit tonight, he should if he wants to keep an NHL job I'd think

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Glad Kallgren gets the nod. No pressure here kid, you can't be worse than Mrazek.
That second line of Robertson-Kerfoot-Nylander should do well together. Lots of speed and skill there to create chances.
Lyubushkin paired with Rielly is nice to see. He deserves that spot more than Liljegren has. Better compliment too imo.
And I hope Clifford shows some grit tonight, he should if he wants to keep an NHL job I'd think
Totally agree with rrrrthang milord. Clifford has to show his guts at a place like this. Simmonds now sitting on dubs.... we'll see how it goes. I don't like the lack of talk we ain't have now neither. Expecting a very, very big night by our captain silencio also.

Also eh uh, what is our FIRST powerplay unit going to look like tonight y'all?

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
As long as one of matthews or marner is playing I don't go into games worrying much. Just seems lately I've been going in without worries and coming out upset lol. Todays the same. Going in confident for a win, hopefully don't come out upset this time.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Glad Kallgren gets the nod. No pressure here kid
I would prefer he doesnt get lit up for 8 goals, but I wont blame one thing on him regardless.
He shouldn't be expected to pinch hit like he has been asked.

Regardless, Good Luck Kallgren

Reactions: Nylander88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad