Pre-Game Talk: Tuesday's game Dallas Stars vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I agree with every move Keefe has done here. Kallgren could not be worse than Mrazek and perhaps the Leafs will tighten up defensively for the rookie (then again I remember Kaskisuo's first game and the egg they laid). Pairing Rielly with Bush is a good move on paper, even though he's not a first pairing guy. Putting JT and Marner together is a good move without Matthews. And best of all.....no Simmonds!

Should be an interesting game to watch. Let's hope the refs call a fair game...maybe even get more PPs than the opposition for one of the few times this season. I know, too much to ask for one night.

I would rather have Simmonds than Clifford.

At least Simmonds is still a passable NHLer. I think he is a guy the Leafs could look to upgrade, and I would have liked to see Joey Anderson get an extended stretch of games if we were exploring alternative options, but he is better than Clifford (who is barely a passable AHLer these days).

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Far from do or die. The closest team to knocking us out of the 8th spot is CBJ and there are 16 points behind with an extra game played. We can limp in to the playoffs if need be.
And? Is that how low the bar is now?

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I would like to hear 'Fire Shanahan and Dubas' chants tonight, along with 'f*** you NHL' !!! MLSE HAS to see that Shanahan IS NOT working for them nor Leafs Nation !!! Him and his regime has GOT TO GO IMHO !!!

My name is NOT Ballard, but if I were the Leafs owner, I would forfeit tonight's game to embarrass the NHL !!! The anti-Leaf bias HAS TO STOP, it's a disservice to the fan base that pays the highest ticket prices in the League that has a portion of the money they pay going to help other teams beat our Leafs. The least the NHL could do is make it fair for ALL TEAMS every game !!!
LET'S GO PARROS!
(Clap clap clap-clap-clap)

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
The bar has nothing to do with it. Point is this is far from a do or die game. That is a bit of a stretch.
I didn't say it was. Your post however talked about being 16 points ahead of the nearest rival and "limping into the playoffs, if need be". That is NOT acceptable.

Reactions: ToneDog

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Kallgren is gonna stand on his head and start the next 5 book it
Ok!
giphy.webp

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
They can do it, for a few weeks, maybe a full month, but something about a zebra never changing it's stripes applies here.
They did it all last season and about 40 games this year. If they can get adequate goaltending they’ll be fine

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
They were talking on the radio about matty being out, and mentioned maybe moving Marner to the middle for a bit. Interesting. He'd need wingers so not sure who that would be. Maybe Willy and Kerf? Have Tavares with Kase and Mik maybe? Hmmmm....
What idiots were saying this. They want Marner to play centre, for the first time since he was 16, when he couldn't even win faceoffs back then. Is that a joke?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Far from do or die. The closest team to knocking us out of the 8th spot is CBJ and there are 16 points behind with an extra game played. We can limp in to the playoffs if need be.
For sure we can limp in...and get pushed out real fast. My point was that as a team our swagger, our commitment is done if we whimper away. If making the playoffs is your goal, we are in.

Reactions: ToneDog

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I echo the wants for a good team performance in front of Kallgren.

On top of this, I want to see someone take control of the game from an offensive end. AM34 has dragged us through a couple of performances since the start of 2022. With him out, the other big boys really need to step up!

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I am excited for this game. Kallgren getting the start, the brothers Robby, and an opportunity to shut up the critics. We've been without Auston before and we shockingly do quite well. No reason to think we can't win this one tonight.

Play well for Erik, he deserves a full effort at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad