Post-Game Talk: Tues, Sept. 27 | NYI 0 vs PHI 4 | Preseason

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Right, so obviously all teams goals are to no commit penalties, if Flyers cut them down a lot, MacDonald becomes a waste.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The points he scored at ES and on the PP down the stretch last season sure weren't a waste. The Flyers really needed them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
MacDonald is pure cap anchor. He's inefficiency made manifest at his price and ability level. The team needs to part with him ASAFP

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I'm not at all jumping the gun here, saying I think this happens, etc. Strictly hypothetical. Wouldn't it be funny if Myers & Ghost end up our best d out of the current prospect crop? I know ppl were high on Myers this past year because of his play in the CHL, and I know ppl ended up excited for and high on Ghost over the years, but I just mean how/when they were picked up at the time.

Versus 3 first round picks in Provy/Sanheim/Morin. I know Morin surprised ppl though when he was picked, too.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Guys.

Myers, shockingly, makes the team out of camp and makes a huge impact on our defense. Same with Provorov and Konecny. Lyubimov, Bellemare, Gordon are going to play a lot over their standards and make a super-effective 4th line. Gostisbehere continues where he left off, and will challenge Karlsson / Burns for the best offensive defenseman in the NHL. Our powerplay is the best in the league, for the whole season. We clinch the President's Trophy very soon in the season. Simmonds, Giroux, Couturier, Mason - with career years and all of this will result in the Stanley Cup Final appearance, where we will dominate and win the Cup. You hear it here first. That's all going to happen, really.

You forgot Toronto is going to have 5 PPG+ rookies and eliminate PHI from the playoffs. And according to several years back, that means Toronto is going to break Edmonton's modern dynasty cup streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad