• 2. Mason
  • 3. Sanheim

CtZ4qlWW8AAu-Wc.jpg

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mason was great. Simmonds was great. The young D all looked very good. Myers was best of the bunch. Sanheim was good on the attack. Provy was good defensively. I want more.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sanheim really turned it on in the 3rd. But he is still fighting nerves and inconsistencies. The upside is mind boggling, but we know where he is ticketed.

Wasn't a flashy Provorov night, but it was effective in his subtle way. Second half definitely better. He could stand to push it more offensively, but his d game and physicality is there. We know the offense is there, but it's probably more a case of not wanting to **** up with a spot on the line. Understandable to being safe.

Myers...damn. I really wonder about him. Can they really just send him down after this? He was in complete control in all 3 zones. You'd think he has to get an extended look. He looks so advanced.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
5V5 CORSI NUMBERS!!!

Sanheim (18:6) 75% - led team
Myers (12:13) 48%
Provorov (6:10) 37.5%

I usually don't care too much about single game corsi numbers, but I'm always curious where prospects stack up during the preseason since we do not get this data in the CHL.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Provorov got 21 TOI tonight. Phil E Myers got 22. Dude seems to be fitting well.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
5V5 CORSI NUMBERS!!!

Sanheim (18:6) 75% - led team
Myers (12:13) 48%
Provorov (6:10) 37.5%

I usually don't make a big deal of these, but I'm always curious where prospects stack up during the preseason since we do not get this data in the CHL.

That's not a good stat for Provorov, I can only hope MacDonalds ****ing corpse contributed to that.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That's not a good stat for Provorov, I can only hope MacDonalds ****ing corpse contributed to that.

It means little to me. Besides AMac being one of the worst possession d men in the last handful of years, I felt Provy was always in his own zone, and it wasn't his fault. Forwards were all over the place allowing cycles. It's the questionableness of 1 game possession stats.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It means little to me. Besides AMac being one of the worst possession d men in the last handful of years, I felt Provy was always in his own zone, and it wasn't his fault. Forwards were all over the place allowing cycles. It's the questionableness of 1 game possession stats.

Good, I only caught the last 5 mins and Provorov was sitting in the box for 2 of them.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
provy is physically as solid as a stump. he bumped a islander shoulder to shoulder and sent a him flying and got run into hard and didnt move an inch. thought his play was solid too.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Good, I only caught the last 5 mins and Provorov was sitting in the box for 2 of them.

I mean, last night, when the team got demolished in a game against a better squad (partnered with the elite Manning) and used as the d anchor, Provorov was the best possession d man. Fluky stuff happens game to game. MacDonald finished even worse than Provy tonight, which probably helps explain it. Provorov also didn't get many o-zone starts.

His exits were clean, his gaps were tight, he did a good job separating the puck from the man. People rag on possession stats because they "don't explain what THAT player did." In big enough sample sizes, I think that argument doesn't work. In a single game, it's often true. I just felt like, besides Mr. Passive partner, the forwards weren't sustaining cycles or were blowing coverages and whatnot. He was forced to play a ton in the d-zone, often not due to anything he really did.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Charlie at BSH tweeted that, despite the Corsi #s, his microstat (zone entries/exits, controlled %, etc) were good. The latter is more what he controls. I mean, he broke up so many plays at the line or through the NZ or transitioned the puck by my eye.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yep. The young D looked awesome. Super surprised with Myers. Looked like a vet out there. Needs to work on his positioning but everything else he did was extremely good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad