Post-Game Talk: Tue., Nov. 12, 2013|Flyers 5 at Senators 0

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'll take the win, but I have to say it looked like an easy game. Ottawa looked completely out of sorts.

They need confidence boosts though, so no complaints here.

Pretty much where I'm at. Looking at things in context, we beat two piss poor teams in Edmonton and Ottawa that have been playing poorly lately.

Still, shutout. For Steve Mason.

PhillyPhaithful

Feb 6, 2012
That was the most fun I had watching a game this season. No negativity from me, and there rarely is. So nice to see Mason get the shutout he has deserved so many this year. :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Mase got his much deserved shut out. He's been so good since coming to Philadelphia. And people may hate this, but Jeff Reese deserves a TON of credit for helping with the Mason revival. He and Steve really connected and more important, Reese helped Steve weed out some of the negative influences in his life (some of his inner circle were known to cause problems) and he's really bought into what he's being coached to do.

So happy for Mason and really hope that this is going to be a long term thing.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'll take the win, but I have to say it looked like an easy game. Ottawa looked completely out of sorts.

Sens looked bad as we were all over them IMO. The skating and forechecking was insane

Yukon Cornelius*

A Herculean effort! Hitchcock era defensive awareness and execution. A mighty fiery Phoenix is indeed rising in the East.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Pretty much where I'm at. Looking at things in context, we beat two piss poor teams in Edmonton and Ottawa that have been playing poorly lately.

Still, shutout. For Steve Mason.

Didn't the Sens win 3 in a row and were on a roll, maybe I'm mistaken.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm still at 2:50 in the 3rd, I laughed out loud when Couturier intercepted Zibanejad's pass and killed their rush.

Anybody who saw the Poll threads knows why.

SgtJoseph*

I agree Ottawa looked outta sorts tonight, although our club having 60 minutes of jump certainly helped in that mix . Nice win !

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I have not seen a team play puck pursuit as well this season as the Flyers - Denis Potvin

This was a very well played game. Potvin, who I actually respect as an analyst as much as he hates the Flyers, was talking about how there were always 5 Flyers in the play, keeping gaps closed and playing as a 5 man unit up and down the ice. This is the anti-Lavy system, great work by Berube to have them play as a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad