Post-Game Talk: Tue., Nov. 12, 2013|Flyers 5 at Senators 0

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Huge Team Effort tonight! Glad Vinny showed up for the last 2 goals. Got Voracek in my office pool, needed him to score a hatty to get bonus points.....

The Good: Low turnovers, G and Couts line, Guys recovered the puck and made good decisions if they made a mistake the first time. Lots of Offensive pressure.
The Bad: No Voracek Hatty..... that's 7 points I coulda had.
The Ugly: Downie's Face.... JEEBUS! If Kimmo is a Warrior, what does that make Downie? (Sorry, forgot there's already a thread about Downies awesomeness)

SgtJoseph*

A huge factor in tonights win was simply we only had ONE penalty.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Good: Mason, G's line, Coot's line, pretty much everyone.

Bad: Luke Schenn. Only negative to take from this.

Ugly: Grossmann's shot.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Nice to see us score some goals and for Mason to get the shut out.

I thought we played a smart simple game, we have really improved with our break out from our own zone. Gus looked Good!

Denis Potvin was not a big dick as he usually is.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
No Mason is as much of a joke as Emery was.

MacArthur??

It'd be funny if this was the senators media's attempt to show how ridiculous emery's third star choice was

The designation tonight was the team's radio affiliate: TSN 1200.

Perhaps there are different individuals choosing, but the TSN 1200 web site has:

TSN 1200 3 Stars ( http://www.tsn1200.ca/ )
  • 1. Voracek
  • 2. Giroux
  • 3. Simmonds
  • Hardest Working Ottawa Senator: Smith

The NHL box score has the following with TSN 1200 picking:
  • 1. Voracek
  • 2. Giroux
  • 3. MacArthur

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm still at 2:50 in the 3rd, I laughed out loud when Couturier intercepted Zibanejad's pass and killed their rush.

Anybody who saw the Poll threads knows why.

How dare you laugh at God Zibanejad. He is the best 4th line winger in the history of hockey.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I thought we played a smart simple game, we have really improved with our break out from our own zone. Gus looked Good!

Yeh... even Potvin could not manage to ruin tonight! He actually was bearable for once, he only made about 5 mistakes (Kimmo being 36, Giroux assist etc) and cut his talk about one player obsessively down to about 10 minutes (Bobby Ryan).

SgtJoseph*

I agree about Potvin, he was very fair in my view .

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I had a feeling Grossmann might not have anything serious. No need to play him when were gonna need him big time tomorrow.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
potvin also said that the sens thought it was gonna be a ''no-brainer win'' tonite!**** off! i really think the flyers had a LOT to do with them looking bad -it could have been worse for them-love to see all our offensive chances!! OUTWORKED them all over the ice.also we are getting out of our own end so much better,under control and as a unit!huge for us!!also i know its one game but played alot closer to our potential,which to me is high!!and oh yeah sweet pass from simmons to set up vorachek!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad