Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Coyotes AHL Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Damn didn't realize that today's game was in Tucson not in Texas. On TucsonRoadrunners.com they have it listed in the lower right "Tucson Roadrunners Texas Stars." I'm use to seeing it as "Visitor @ Home Team." Upon double checking I just noticed that it says "Home" between the two teams.

Edit: Tie game now btw.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

RQ1RvAC.jpg

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Weber 2.0? We could only dream

He has great offensive instincts. Calm with the puck and a good passer. Lethal from that Ovi spot, which is something Newell Brown will fall in love with.

Skating still needs work, as does general defensive play, but he is very impressive.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Probably just over 1,000.

Bunting with a nice hi-lo deflection on a Fischer shot. Announced unassisted for some reason.

McBain with the 2nd, third goal was waved off. Mueller gets the last one on a PP.

Fun fact : Ethan Werek plays for Texas.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Really? I think the Tucson excuse is already built in. Why borrow another?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, the game last night was fun, first game I've been to in the Tucson Arena.

anyway, overall Game Observations:
Team has difficulty 5on5, struggle to gain possession once they give it up. D got man-handled all night by Stars forwards. Even Tinordi was having difficulty with the heavy forecheck the Stars were mounting.

Now, individual players:
Fischer - he is a very intelligent, gritty forward, made some nice plays, but having
Gaudet as your center isn't a recipe for success as Gaudet doesn't have the O-acumen to take advantage of Fischer's strengths, but he and Bunting on the wings are fun to watch.

Bunting - a pest, very good skater, flys to the puck, needs to work on his defense though, sorta all over the place.

Perlini - wow, great skater, has more hockey sense than previously realized. Had several scoring chances, and made 1 really nice pass, but Cunningham completely fumbled the wide open net.

MacInnis - he had a fight with Dickenson of the Stars and held his own and landed several punches, but he's lousy at it and needs to quit before he goes up against someone tougher than Dickenson who isn't really tough. Played a solid game, several nice chances, liked his game.

Hill - he made several highlight reel saves, unfortunately all the goals on him were top shelf, he goes down early and the Stars sniped him high glove, so he'll have to clean that up if he's ever going to make it. He's big and athletic, needs to work on his skating, a little choppy moving but he really saved the teams bacon bailing them out of like 5 or 6 quality scoring chances. One of the highlights is on the Tucson page, extremely impressive.

Garland - no wonder he's only got 2 assists in 6 games, the kid was plastered to the bench the entire 3rd period. He's skating w/4th line grinders, so don't expect anything close a normal year from him. He looked deceptively quick and hustled so not sure why he's stapled to the bench. Would have been nice to see him out on the 3on3.

Wood - the kid is huge, with better than average skating for a guy that big. The shot is really impressive and I can see why he's scoring as he is lethal on the PP. He had 2 great scoring chances at the end of the game in the final minutes and missed them both wide, but good offensive instincts. He will need a couple years in the minors to really get his skating and get stronger as he got manhandled by smaller forwards on the boards not because he's soft, but because he's not quit as strong on his skates as he should be. Positionally sound though and takes good angles, which is impressive for a young kid.

DeAngelo - he was by far Tucson's best defender, you can tell he's got a fiery temper as he jawed at the refs on a couple calls. The dude can skate, I'm sure he's been told he'll be up if he works on his defense as he didn't take that many chances offensively, but he's extremely quick, uses his body well in the D zone and was Roadrunners best puck mover. He's also extremely good on the PP, moves the puck great and set up plays nicely.

Btw, most impressive guys for Stars were Stransky (spelling?) and Honka. Honka is basically DeAngelo without the fiery tude.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Garland - no wonder he's only got 2 assists in 6 games, the kid was plastered to the bench the entire 3rd period. He's skating w/4th line grinders, so don't expect anything close a normal year from him. He looked deceptively quick and hustled so not sure why he's stapled to the bench. Would have been nice to see him out on the 3on3.

If it has anything to do with the style of play he showed in camps this year, I'm not surprised at all. The kid is fast and he hustles, but he doesn't play a team game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Does anybody know why Fournier isn't playing? I get that he's no superstar, but he should easily be able to play top6 for Tucson the way he performed during Training Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad