Jun 25, 2007
AZ
It continues..

howling-coyote-700x325.jpg

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
But what are they going to be called?!?!?!

Well, I have lots of ideas for good names (Roadrunners #1 by a mile) but I'm virtually certain that they'll be the Tucson Falcons and will have the same uniforms and everything as they had this year.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I think it's awesome that the Coyotes AHL team will be brought into AZ but I feel bad for the Springfield fans. It's horrible for any fans to lose their team that they've invested fandom, time, money. I hope they get a new team of some form. It's hard not to think it will be better for them. It was ridiculous what Springfield fans have had to go through because of the AZ management/ownership.

Yeah for a better Springfield Ver 2

Yeah for Tucson Whatevers

Maybe the Jets Ver 2 should also have the Falcons Ver 2? :sarcasm:

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
It'll be something Coyote related i'm sure. Flames/Heat kind of thing.

Roadrunners is wack, what are we owned by Warner Bros?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think it's awesome that the Coyotes AHL team will be brought into AZ but I feel bad for the Springfield fans. It's horrible for any fans to lose their team that they've invested fandom, time, money. I hope they get a new team of some form. It's hard not to think it will be better for them. It was ridiculous what Springfield fans have had to go through because of the AZ management/ownership.

Don't be too sad yet - word has it that another AHL franchise may move to Springfield to fill the gap before next season starts. The scuttlebutt I'm hearing about the AHL next year is fairly chaotic.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I do feel bad for the Springfield fans. However I think we need to build on what Springfield had. Good beat writers and a YouTube channel, though it wasn't updated all the time.

Hell, hire me on to do the AHL stuff for Tucson. lol

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Roadrunners would be pretty great. I wouldn't mind a re-tool of the old jerseys/logo as well. Colors could be a little more similar to the Yotes.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I thought that rt had a good point that they would sell a lot more merchandise if they went with UofA colors. So I'm for that

Oh yeah, as much as I would despise that it would make a lot of sense. Though it seems like most of the newer AHL teams stick to something closer to their team's colors (Gulls, Barracudas).

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Not to be a wet blanket, but if you read the press release, this is a CONDITIONAL purchase agreement.

The agreement is contingent upon AHL Board of Governor approval, finalizing closing conditions, and signing an arena lease agreement.

The devil is in the details. If the TCC and IA can't agree on lease terms, as I read this, the sale of the franchise itself is off.

Now, it's _likely_ (as I read the tea leaves) that the lease will be agreed to, but we're not 100% of the way there yet. That said, if it does work out, welcome to the Pacific Division! The five California teams will be glad to see the T-Yotes (or whatever they get named) joining the rotation!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Not to be a wet blanket, but if you read the press release, this is a CONDITIONAL purchase agreement.

The devil is in the details. If the TCC and IA can't agree on lease terms, as I read this, the sale of the franchise itself is off.

Now, it's _likely_ (as I read the tea leaves) that the lease will be agreed to, but we're not 100% of the way there yet. That said, if it does work out, welcome to the Pacific Division! The five California teams will be glad to see the T-Yotes (or whatever they get named) joining the rotation!

The Coyotes have an option to look at Prescott if need be. The Sundogs former home and the new location for the Suns' D-league team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The Coyotes covering all their bases. Nothing unusual here. They weren't going to sign a lease with no team.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

This is all true, but from what I've read the City of Tucson is already planning the renovations to TCC, and like TL said Prescott is an obvious fallback position if TCC runs into issues getting the building ready in time.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone else think we're going to see a lot of two way contracts?

As I understand it total contract can equal 50 and two ways limit the player to no more than ten NHL games. Feel free to correct me, if I'm mistaken.

imo, the team being close will serve well for player development and I'm guessing we see more up and down movement than usual.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Anyone else think we're going to see a lot of two way contracts?

As I understand it total contract can equal 50 and two ways limit the player to no more than ten NHL games. Feel free to correct me, if I'm mistaken.

imo, the team being close will serve well for player development and I'm guessing we see more up and down movement than usual.

I agree on the player development. Besides cost savings, this is going to be a great way to grow hockey in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad