Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Coyotes AHL Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Gaudet with a shorty 3-2 RR!

Ontario ties it up right after their PP expires 3-3.

Fischer from DeAngelo, 4-3 RR!

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Perlini's at a near PPG as a first year pro. Great to see what he can do when out of that mess in Niagara.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
We're going to OT again...

DeAngelo wins it in the 3 0n 3!

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Looked like 4500ish

Hills jersey just went for $2000, 52 SOG on that jersey tonite.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Jerseys selling for $500 - $650 so far...

Hills jersey just went for $2000, 52 SOG on that jersey tonite.

I hung around after the end to check it out. They started the mascot's jersey bidding at $300, and I just said to myself "never mind" and left.

Nice jerseys, good cause, etc. but I wish they would have had the Reign wear white or something. Took a little getting used to; also made it a little tougher to pick out the names and numbers (it's camo, right?)

Still and all, I'd recommend going if you get a chance (it takes me 90 minutes from Chandler). Minor league pro hockey is fun anyway, especially if you care who wins, and if any team gives us a reason to root for them, it's this one.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
I hung around after the end to check it out. They started the mascot's jersey bidding at $300, and I just said to myself "never mind" and left.

Nice jerseys, good cause, etc. but I wish they would have had the Reign wear white or something. Took a little getting used to; also made it a little tougher to pick out the names and numbers (it's camo, right?)

Still and all, I'd recommend going if you get a chance (it takes me 90 minutes from Chandler). Minor league pro hockey is fun anyway, especially if you care who wins, and if any team gives us a reason to root for them, it's this one.

I'll be in Arizona for two Thurs/Sat Yotes games in December. I checked and there's Roadrunners game on that Friday. I'm staying in Glendale and will have a rental car. How long would the drive from Glendale to Tucson take? If I decide to go to, what time should I head out? I hear nothing but bad about Arizona traffic.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'll be in Arizona for two Thurs/Sat Yotes games in December. I checked and there's Roadrunners game on that Friday. I'm staying in Glendale and will have a rental car. How long would the drive from Glendale to Tucson take? If I decide to go to, what time should I head out? I hear nothing but bad about Arizona traffic.

Under optimum conditions, probably 2 to 2 1/2 hours... however, as it's on a Friday evening, you'd have to beat the outbound traffic from downtown PHX to avoid tacking on an hour to that. I can't speak for inbound Tucson around 6-7pm but I imagine it wouldn't be so bad.

So, leaving at 3pm, probably no problem. 4pm, mayyybe, but it would be painful. 5pm, forget it. There are other suggestions above for stuff down there, leaving in the late morning and making a day of it wouldn't be a bad idea.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think 2, 2.5 is a good guess. Really depends on what time of day. If/when they get the South Mtn part of the 202 done, it'd probably cut the traffic considerably. If you're doing all day, then there are touristy things to do that aren't too distant from Tucson that might be worthwhile. Or just leave in the afternoon and find dinner. There are several good restaurants in Tucson (if you hit ElCharro in Tucson and Macayos in the valley, you can rest assured that you ate at the birth place of the chimichanga --whichever tale you believe!) Haha

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think 2, 2.5 is a good guess. Really depends on what time of day. If/when they get the South Mtn part of the 202 done, it'd probably cut the traffic considerably. If you're doing all day, then there are touristy things to do that aren't too distant from Tucson that might be worthwhile. Or just leave in the afternoon and find dinner. There are several good restaurants in Tucson (if you hit ElCharro in Tucson and Macayos in the valley, you can rest assured that you ate at the birth place of the chimichanga --whichever tale you believe!) Haha

I agree. Leave early and have dinner in Tucson before the game is my advice. Don't gamble with the traffic. It can be hell and considering it's a Friday night, it most likely will be worse than whatever you plan for.

Grvmnd

Apr 20, 2015
Got back today. Game was great. Good to see perlini lighting the lamp. Thanks all who made suggestions. I hit up la cocina and el guerro. I feel gross but it was fun.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Glendale -> Tucson

We usually take 51st Ave south.... all the way down through the Gila River reservation where it turns into Beltline and then finally Riggs Rd and out to the I-10. Bypasses everything. Other than watching your speed through the reservation it's not that bad.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
6-1-1 start with only a +3 goal differential. Only one player on the team with a +/- over +1, Selleck with a +2. 13 players below 0, 3 of them at -6. :laugh:

If that's DeAngelo on the PP, by all means bring him up!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Did some digging around but can't find anything. He's still on the Tucson roster so he might have an injury?

Back from injury as of this morning.

On another note, I've seen quite a few people applauding the Roadrunners for their usage of social media (Twitter, in particular). We now know why: the guy running it is the guy who previously ran the LA Kings' Twitter feed. One of the snarkiest and best social media presences in all of hockey. Good pickup.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Back from injury as of this morning.

On another note, I've seen quite a few people applauding the Roadrunners for their usage of social media (Twitter, in particular). We now know why: the guy running it is the guy who previously ran the LA Kings' Twitter feed. One of the snarkiest and best social media presences in all of hockey. Good pickup.

Nice find! Did he get fired from the Kings organization? How'd you find this out?

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
RR lead the Condors 1-0, Perlini sneaks one in on the short side from a bad angle. RR actually out shooting an opponent for once, 14-7.

Burlon walks in on a 4-on-4 and scores, 2-0 RR. Outshooting the Condors 24-8.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
RR lead the Condors 1-0, Perlini sneaks one in on the short side from a bad angle. RR actually out shooting an opponent for once, 14-7.

Burlon walks in on a 4-on-4 and scores, 2-0 RR. Outshooting the Condors 24-8.

Might have to buy the AHL package at this rate. Best team in AZ right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad