TSR's 2011 Mid-Term Top 60 Skaters

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
The Leafs seem to be in pretty big need of a player that injects both size and skill into their prospect cupboard. I can't help but think Burke may be targeting someone that fits with bill for required amounts "pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence" because the Leafs sorely lack anyone in the lineup, or system, that has a high skill level combined with size/toughness.

They don't have their own first (obviously), but will have a second rounder anywhere from 31-35. It seems like the few guys that fall into the size/skill category in that pick range would be:

Biggs (though as some say, he will probably be taken in the first)
Jacobs
Jenner

Is this accurate? Also, any other guys available around the early second round that i should keep my eye on? Is there anyone currently ranked in the first round that may fall out?

Any input here would be great!

Speaking of guys i've seen play a fair bit.

I could definitely see the leafs targeting Daniel Catenacci, he does not have the ideal size, but he plays an uptempo gritty game and works extremely hard.

Stefan Noesen, Lucas Lessio, are two other names to consider.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Just out of curiousity, two questions:

1. Who could be this year's sleeper swede forward with a ton of offensive upside, Jarnkrok style?

2. Physical power forwards, any like a Brad Ross or a Steve Downie?

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
The answer to both 1 and 2 could be Mika Zibanejad from Djurgården. He's got a ton of potential, has some size and is a physical player with great hands and a good shot. He is getting more and more icetime after his callup from the junior team and is starting to produce, 5 points so far with 1+1 in tonight game against Frölunda. He is in my and many others opinion the second best swedish forward after Landeskog in this draft. If he for some reason falls out of the first round some team is going to make a huge steal.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Speaking of guys i've seen play a fair bit.

I could definitely see the leafs targeting Daniel Catenacci, he does not have the ideal size, but he plays an uptempo gritty game and works extremely hard.

Stefan Noesen, Lucas Lessio, are two other names to consider.

I've seen several other Leaf fans expressing interest in Catenacci, despite his size, i like the kind of player he is.

I'll keep note of Noesen and Lessio.

Thanks for the input!

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
The answer to both 1 and 2 could be Mika Zibanejad from Djurgården. He's got a ton of potential, has some size and is a physical player with great hands and a good shot. He is getting more and more icetime after his callup from the junior team and is starting to produce, 5 points so far with 1+1 in tonight game against Frölunda. He is in my and many others opinion the second best swedish forward after Landeskog in this draft. If he for some reason falls out of the first round some team is going to make a huge steal.

Thanks for the post. If you could compare his style, who does he remind you of? Just so some of us can get a better idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad