TSN ranks the top 25 NHL players of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The best player in history is only 16th? LoL about those guys who made this rating. They know hockey less than my little sister, who does not exist.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
JJ is a top 10 player
giphy.gif

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Unless this list is projecting what might happen, Crosby at #8 is way too high. Yes he could (probably will) be in that mix when his career ends, but right now? I don't see it. Same with Ovechkin, he could end up there but right now I don't see it. Biggest lol is Hasek as the #5 goalie.. Wtf? Dude can be argued as the #5 player of all time but he's the #5 goalie? :laugh:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I guess I should have stated that I don't see how anyone can correctly rank the top 7 any differently. Shuffle the order a bit, but those 7 players (and I will concede Hull) are the correct guys to head up a list of the best players of all time.
I’d rank the best Dmen of all time as: Orr, Bourque, Harvey, Shore. The list is very debatable. Harvey shouldn’t be #7

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Cups have always been a team award and Shore is the best defenseman or even player of his time.
But if he was so good he should been able to lead his team to more then 2 cups with only 8 teams. Lidstrom won 4 cups during 30 team era.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Never ceases to amaze me how Messier gets underrated.

Crosby has no business being that high and Jagr and Hasek should be higher. Jagr was as dominant a player as I have seen (following hockey since the early 70's).

...and Peter Forsberg never seems to get the credit he deserves - 708 games, 885 points, 2 Cups, Calder, Hart, Art Ross, 2 Cups. 3 x First Team All Star.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Jagr slept with some 20 year old model and she threatened to release the photo if he didn’t pay her 2000$. He said he didn’t give a **** and told her to release it. I think the best part of the story is how little 2000$ would have been to Jagr :laugh:
Amazing photo. Is she doibg victory sign? How long was this

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Jagr should easily be higher. When I first started watching hockey, Jagr was a perennial Hart and Art Ross candidate. At his peak, he was a dominant scoring force and he did it without Lemiuex to boot. If Jagr was Canadian, I think he'd definitely be higher on the list. I also think if he didn't go to the KHL, he'd be closer to 2200 points and would be knocking on the top 10 door.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Overall a very good list as evidenced by most of the arguments being about placement rather than omissions and inclusions.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Unless this list is projecting what might happen, Crosby at #8 is way too high. Yes he could (probably will) be in that mix when his career ends, but right now? I don't see it. Same with Ovechkin, he could end up there but right now I don't see it. Biggest lol is Hasek as the #5 goalie.. Wtf? Dude can be argued as the #5 player of all time but he's the #5 goalie? :laugh:

Seriously man? I am probably the biggest Crosby hater on this board, but he has more rights to be on this list than most of those dinosaurs ahead of him. I don't know who made this list, but based on names I would say it was Don Cherry or someone like him. Cavemem who think that "grass was greener in good ol' days". While anyone who did not skip at least elementary school understands that the modern hockey is thousands miles ahead of that now.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad