TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
If he was venting about the coach to his boss... that's what weasels do.

Why can't Dubas' prize off season acquisition Kerfoot start OT if the coach likes the game he had?

The world we're living in is one where you ignore the actual point of my post in favour of dissecting my use of descriptive adjectives.

Honestly, your point was either naive at best, or willfully dumb at worst. It's so flawed I am surprised someone even bothered to hit the reply button. We are all dumber for having read it. I award you zero likes and may God have mercy on your soul.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Honestly, your point was either naive at best, or willfully dumb at worst. It's so flawed I am surprised someone even bothered to hit the reply button. We are all dumber for having read it. I award you zero likes and may God have mercy on your soul.

You just said absolutely nothing. You didn't attack my position, you attacked me. I guess you've got nothing to say. I can't get dumber from your post because there was no substance. This from an individual who has probably never had a unique thought in its entire existence.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
You just said absolutely nothing. You didn't attack my position, you attacked me. I guess you've got nothing to say. I can't get dumber from your post because there was no substance. This from an individual who has probably never had a unique thought in its entire existence.

Here's what you said:

If he was venting about the coach to his boss... that's what weasels do.

Why can't Dubas' prize off season acquisition Kerfoot start OT if the coach likes the game he had?

Point 1 is wrong - is this your first hockey game? Executives talk all the time. This is you trying to turn something that happens 100 times a game into something that looks bad on Dubas. It's so clear Anne Frank can see it.

Point 2 is wrong - Again, perhaps you are new to hockey...but if you aren't, this is a straight up dumb take. Dubas acquired a 60pt defenceman at 50% cap hit and a 40pt 3rd line C and you are calling the C the prize acquisition?

Like I said, we all get a little dumber when we read your posts.

Reactions: The Big D

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Point 1 is wrong - is this your first hockey game? Executives talk all the time. This is you trying to turn something that happens 100 times a game into something that looks bad on Dubas. It's so clear Anne Frank can see it.

Will I have to speak more slowly? I wasn't criticizing executives talking, I was criticizing the weaselly behaviour of sniping behind a collegue's back. Frankly it's unmanly.

It's so clear Anne Frank can see it.

'cos it's dark in attics, right?

Point 2 is wrong - Again, perhaps you are new to hockey...but if you aren't, this is a straight up dumb take. Dubas acquired a 60pt defenceman at 50% cap hit and a 40pt 3rd line C and you are calling the C the prize acquisition?

So, you're saying Kerfoot sucks. And that Dubas didn't trade and extend the player? Are you sure you're not the one reading Braille in an attic in Amsterdam? :laugh:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Will I have to speak more slowly? I wasn't criticizing executives talking, I was criticizing the weaselly behaviour of sniping behind a collegue's back. Frankly it's unmanly.

So, you're saying Kerfoot sucks. And that Dubas didn't trade and extend the player? Are you sure you're not the one reading Braille in an attic in Amsterdam? :laugh:

Yikes. Let me know when you graduate high-school so we can have a big boy discussion.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Gee, your bravado ran out of gas quickly like when Anne Frank tried to fly around the world.

giphy.gif

Leafsforever89

Apr 22, 2017
Not sure why so many on here are so hateful towards Landsberg and Carlo. Don’t mind listening to them at all. Sure you may not agree with every single one of their opinions but they aight.
Carlo is way too conceited.

Leafsforever89

Apr 22, 2017
Carlo started out ok for me, now I cannot stand his whiny high pitched voice its more annoying than Lansbergs arrogant patronizing voice and that is saying something. Automatic not touching TSN in the mornings
His stupid BANG being heard after everything he says is so annoying. He was a mediocre player in his time. He seems to think we have forgotten how bad he was in tORONTO ALWAYS GETTING INJURED.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Unmanly? Lmao. I’m pretty sure that whatever critique of Babcock Kyle has he’s had no problem addressing him personally about. there were plenty of rumblings post elimination this season about about Hancock’s coaching methods and deployment that surely came up in exit interviews. Are you suggesting Kyle is unmanly for simply pointing out the flaws in real time?
sexondlt just because kerfoot isn’t the “prize” of the deal does not mean he’s trash. And the focus on re-upping him over the summer was due to him NOT HAVING A CONTRACT FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR. So getting him under contract (and with term at a fair number) is now a bad thing? give your head a shake

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Unmanly? Lmao. I’m pretty sure that whatever critique of Babcock Kyle has he’s had no problem addressing him personally about.

I'm pretty sure neither you or I know what Dubas and Babcock's relationship is like away from the cameras. Regardless of whether something like this would be brought up in person or not, Kyle appeared to be sniping about someone not present. Classic corporate climber behaviour.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm pretty sure neither you or I know what Dubas and Babcock's relationship is like away from the cameras. Regardless of whether something like this would be brought up in person or not, Kyle appeared to be sniping about someone not present. Classic corporate climber behaviour.
Do you think your bosses dont talk about your performance when your not around? I am sorry Dubas is Babcocks boss. Not his equal, equals talking about each other behind their back is a snake move. A boss talking about a subordinates performance is literally part of being someone's boss.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Or he’s simply pointing the obvious out like we all were at our TV sets on Monday? So according to you he’s supposed to what? Sit there and say nothing?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Back to media stuff..... I remember the night this happened. And my dad immediately said "they'll fire him for that".

I remember that and the night he was in tears apologizing for the violence in a Flyers-Leafs game.

I also have a vague recollection some inexplicably touted dude in a shiny suit with ridiculously skinny pants hosting HNIC. Whatever happened to that dude? He went from a bunch of people pretending he was the Canadian Johnny Carson to complete anonymity. It's like he got unpersoned.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The way O’Dog has been taking shots at Babcock recently it’s probably a safe bet to assume he's been talking with someone in the room.

The whole crew did a pretty good job of cutting him up for needlessly taking shots at Marleau. Good for them.

Reactions: Jozay

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd really appreciate it if hockey podcasts would stop inserting their personal politics into their product

If I want to listen about AOC interviewing Zuckerberg I'll listen to somebody who knows there ass from there elbow about politics

It's grating

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The way O’Dog has been taking shots at Babcock recently it’s probably a safe bet to assume he's been talking with someone in the room.
It all stems from that initial interview they had years ago when Babs asked "whos this" when ODog asked his question. Yes hes that petty.

Reactions: Walshy7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad