TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Pierre after the first goal of the game (Habs) against Edmonton: "Eh bien ça veut dire des frites ça mon cher Marc!"

He also commented that the ice in Montreal didn't look good, but that elephants stomping the cement floor in circus shows was not the cause for it - since they only have that in MSG/New-York.

:laugh:

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
McKenna and Starr TSN 690 Morning Show This morning complaining and whining about Bergevin making it known he's not trading Price or Weber or listen to offers saying he was trying to control the narrative of the media . What lying clowns they are the truth is the narrative that's trying to be sold to the public by McKenna and Starr and others in the Montreal media is pure fiction . Price and Weber were never going to be made available for trade at the deadline and the media know it. The Media McKenna ,Starr , Marinaro , Melnick all have an agenda when it comes to Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens they all want Bergevin to be fired .

The odds are greater that TSN 690 McKenna, Starr , Marinaro , Melnick are all told their services are no longer needed at the network before Bergevin is replaced as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens.

Because they have an axe to grind. Tony lost his accreditation for 2 years. Bergevin even called him out. Tony is getting worse even the Montreal Impact manager called him out last year.

Tony, has never played hockey thats number 1. He is OFF on his sports handicapping. No one tunes in because of his negative rants. They tune in because hes entertaining..or at least was..

I have to say it Chris Nilan is the best right now. Hes reasonable. Attempts to remain unbiased.

I hope once we get in the playoffs he wakes up and goes back to his infectious positive attitude

Anyways. Disappointed in TSN690 as of late to say the least.

Reactions: DXStriker

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
McGuire shall be commenting the Habs games on TV. Goosebumps over goosebumps he gives to me with his voice. There's not so many like him. Such a passionate commentator.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
McGuire shall be commenting the Habs games on TV. Goosebumps over goosebumps he gives to me with his voice. There's not so many like him. Such a passionate commentator.

He used to habs radio games a long time ago. He was actually quite a homer.

This was before Pierre got his gig with TSN, and got national notoriety.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Cantin is so good at bashing Molson and Bergevin on RDS, yet so weak during press conferences.

At this point (8 years into the Bergevin era) I'm convinced management issues "rules of engagement" to their media counterparts ahead of each press conference. Do' and dont's, basically.

Benoit Brunet has been ripping into Bergevin in a few consecutive Antichambre shows now. I guess Molson is alright with side show bashing, as long as Cantins and Gagnons don't humiliate Big Marc in public with embarrassing questions. Also here's a cheque for your good behaviour.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Can someone explain to me how such an olympically dim fellow as Mitch Gallo gets a gig on the radio?

If only you knew. Literally every host on that station has about as much expertise covering the team as your average homeless person. For the most part they're unqualified, no talent cheerleaders. The station works in partnership with the team, do you really think anything they're saying is legit? Lmao

I knew two guys on the station personally, both of whom are morons who are hilariously bad at hockey [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Most of them start as interns I'm pretty sure, and in the media industry (unlike a lot of others) I believe interns are unpaid, so they are cheap labour. The people who succeed as interns end up as full timers. The economics of local radio these days is that they just can't fill the air with Bob McKenzies and Ray Ferraros since they would cost too much.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Lalonde with his advices and knowledges are worthy to be listened. He knows what he's really talking and adding that with some examples.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
TSN Bell Media You have a host on TSN 690 radio . That is unstable /Mentally ill with wickedly bad mood swings .FIRE HIM EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL SORRY FOR HIS WIFE AND KIDS BECAUSE HE'S LIKELY THIS WAY ALWAYS.

Last edited:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Journal de Montréal is not a fan of Trevor Timmins. Last week an article called 'Trevor Timmins: l'ennemi du plan'. Today an article called 'Une autre erreur de Timmins? (Kotka). Two different writers. Another article from a third writer ('Soyons Justes') starts a sentence with 'we're all a little tired of Trevor Timmins choices (On est tous un peu tannés des choix de Trevor Timmins,).

All three from this past week.

Also from the 'Soyons Justes' article:

◾Même si le Canadien finit à la queue et qu’il gagne à la loterie le premier choix au repêchage, qui vous dit que Trevor Timmins choisirait Lafrenière ?
Tr: Even if the Habs win the lottery and the first pick in the draft, who's says Trevor Timmins will choose Lafrenière?

Soyons justes

Last edited:

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
McKenna and Starr TSN 690 Morning Show This morning complaining and whining about Bergevin making it known he's not trading Price or Weber or listen to offers saying he was trying to control the narrative of the media . What lying clowns they are the truth is the narrative that's trying to be sold to the public by McKenna and Starr and others in the Montreal media is pure fiction . Price and Weber were never going to be made available for trade at the deadline and the media know it. The Media McKenna ,Starr , Marinaro , Melnick all have an agenda when it comes to Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens they all want Bergevin to be fired .

The odds are greater that TSN 690 McKenna, Starr , Marinaro , Melnick are all told their services are no longer needed at the network before Bergevin is replaced as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens.
You don't think at this point Bergevin has brought this on himself? He has been at the helm for close to 8 years and is the team performing any better today than when he started? The last time the team disputed a playoff game was in the 2016-17 season. Markov was still playing back then...
Anyways, 690 broadcasts the games, and also fields the calls from the fans. They don't like broadcasting a bad team, and I'm sure they share some of the displeasure of the fans. But a small 2 bit AM station with people that work for free us not going to get the GM fired. If Bergevin gets fired, it is because he is in the middle of a retool of his own rebuild and can't ice a team that makes the playoffs.

Also, how do you trade Price's contract. Who is taking that money for being the 2nd best goalie every night. Carey is going to be a hab for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad