TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm liking Marc Dumont on the Athletic. I've soured big time on Arpon Basu, he seems to have turned himself into a Bergevin apologist. Everything is fine and blame it on the injuries, that kind of fluff.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why is Pierre LeBrun on during Habs games ?

Between the TSN analysts/insiders, he's the one who speaks French, so TSN obviously decided to have him cover the Habs. He does other games for other teams, too. But when it comes to Habs, he's the one they have.

Between all the TSN personalities, it's pretty much LeBrun and John Liu who cover Habs.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

What is with these tools like him and Todd constantly propping up Bergevin, unprovoked?

Constantly telling us fans to lower our expectations and be happy with it.

Engels is why I don’t even bother reading any Sportsnet articles about the Habs. Zero original thoughts ever to go with his never challenging, always supporting the Habs management. He should really feel a lot of shame if he actually considers himself a sports journalist; he is not.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
McKenna and Starr TSN 690 Morning Show This morning complaining and whining about Bergevin making it known he's not trading Price or Weber or listen to offers saying he was trying to control the narrative of the media . What lying clowns they are the truth is the narrative that's trying to be sold to the public by McKenna and Starr and others in the Montreal media is pure fiction . Price and Weber were never going to be made available for trade at the deadline and the media know it. The Media McKenna ,Starr , Marinaro , Melnick all have an agenda when it comes to Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens they all want Bergevin to be fired .

The odds are greater that TSN 690 McKenna, Starr , Marinaro , Melnick are all told their services are no longer needed at the network before Bergevin is replaced as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
McKenna and Starr TSN 690 Morning Show This morning complaining and whining about Bergevin making it known he's not trading Price or Weber or listen to offers saying he was trying to control the narrative of the media . What a couple of lying clowns they are the truth is the narrative that's trying to be sold to the public by McKenna and Starr and others in the Montreal media is pure fiction . Price and Weber were never going to be made available for trade at the deadline and the media know it. The Media McKenna ,Starr , Marinaro , Melnick all have an agenda when it comes to Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens they all want Bergevin to be fired .
Bergevin will remain as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens for the foreseeable future.

The odds are greater that TSN 690 McKenna, Starr , Marinaro , Melnick are all told their services are no longer needed at the network before Bergevin is replaced as General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens.

Yeah I heard that bit or part of it until I changed the channel. First off if he is entertaining the idea of trading one or both he is not telling the media or anyone. Look at the Subban trade, he said right up to a couple days before he was not trading him. MB does not want to weaken his bargaining position, it can't appear to other GMs as if he wants/needs to trade these guys. Secondly with the type of contracts they have those guys tend to get moved in the offseason when more teams are in the mix have cap room. Most playoff teams don't need goalies, most non playoff teams are not acquiring goalies at the deadline. If a trade happens it is in the off-season.

Finally there is no need to do an Edm and dump everyone, you need strong veteran leadership to lead the youth.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Engels is why I don’t even bother reading any Sportsnet articles about the Habs. Zero original thoughts ever to go with his never challenging, always supporting the Habs management. He should really feel a lot of shame if he actually considers himself a sports journalist; he is not.

Engels is just brutal. On par with Renaud Lavoie. Always cheerleading everything they do and always asking easy questions.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Lebrun is the same on TSN. A real cheerleader for Bergevin, just missing the pom pom. He even always compliment him how well he's dressed.

Reactions: jackeymoon

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Lebrun is the same on TSN. A real cheerleader for Bergevin, just missing the pom pom. He even always compliment him how well he's dressed.

I hate Lebrun and Engels. Both obese hacks who have jobs in this league for reasons that remain a complete mystery to me. Seriously though, TSN Toronto radio has way better talent, I'd argue some guys on 690 are even better than those two losers

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Lebrun is like tofu, he’s a white, flavourless substance that just happily goes along with whatever dish he’s thrown into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad