TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Sean Campbell said earlier he feels like he's the only one who understands what MB was saying in his deadline presser. :rolleyes:

Not really surprising to hear Campbell say this since MB was talking out of his ass and with Campbell's lips so firmly stuck to MB's ass these days he heard that pile of BS better than anyone else. :)

OK good, so it wasn't just me that has noticed that Campbell is kissing the organization's ass. I didn't hear him about the presser but lately he's just puke worthy with his ass kissing. I guess it is job security as he occasionally fills in for Robertson. Geez.

Reactions: DXStriker

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
OK good, so it wasn't just me that has noticed that Campbell is kissing the organization's ass. I didn't hear him about the presser but lately he's just puke worthy with his ass kissing. I guess it is job security as he occasionally fills in for Robertson. Geez.

Campbell is a literal fan boy and the station is partnered with the Canadiens. Why do you think Mitch "Boomer who worships a crappy singer who stole most of his lyrics" Melnick never criticizes Molson, like ever?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Yup it's hard not to notice if you've been a listener for a few years but I guess he's not gonna risk bite the hand that feeds him.

Since he got the 690 gig for calling Laval games and the occasional gig filling in for Robertson calling 690 Habs games he's really been towing the company line and defends any and everything Habs with that condescending tone of his.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How come so many have turned on Lavoie? Half the time I see him brought up everyone is calling him annoying

People have been hating Lavoie for years. It started when he started doing the games for TVA. When he was on RDS he was just a well connected guy talking knowledge, he was the Bob Mckenzie of RDS. It's a job that doesn't ruffle feathers. But when you are in the direct limelight, doing games every week interviewing guys, it's another matter. Marc Denis can do it cause he has poise and he's a calm guy. But Renault is pretty hyper so he can get on people's nerves. He was more useful as a rumour guy.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Yup it's hard not to notice if you've been a listener for a few years but I guess he's not gonna risk bite the hand that feeds him.

Since he got the 690 gig for calling Laval games and the occasional gig filling in for Robertson calling 690 Habs games he's really been towing the company line and defends any and everything Habs with that condescending tone of his.

It's ironic because his non sport based opinions are childish at best. Comes off as a lowly IQd individual

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
People have been hating Lavoie for years. It started when he started doing the games for TVA. When he was on RDS he was just a well connected guy talking knowledge, he was the Bob Mckenzie of RDS. It's a job that doesn't ruffle feathers. But when you are in the direct limelight, doing games every week interviewing guys, it's another matter. Marc Denis can do it cause he has poise and he's a calm guy. But Renault is pretty hyper so he can get on people's nerves. He was more useful as a rumour guy.

Thanks for the clarification. I've been out of Montreal for about 4 years now for school and I remember when Lavoie was on RDS. He seemed really good as an insider. Too bad he lacks at doing games.

Reactions: Kimota

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Jesus. It's bad. I can't even listen to Marinro do his advertising anymore. I can't stand the sound of his voice any longer. Why the hell is this guy on for 2-3 segments in a row. GET RID OF HIM.

I feel bad for Melnick. Last one on 690 with integrity and clout. What a rotten sh!t show Montreal has media has become. Let alone all the crappy bloggers that have voices and feel the need to over saturate opinion with regurgitated jargon.

Canadiens are becoming a polluted rotten whored-out brand.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
15827561331708078971388531868695.png
So bergeven tenders offers to Cousins,Kovulchuk and Scandella then Julien says we would have loved to have kept them but its part of bergeven's overall strategy.:biglaugh:they can't even get their bullshit straight:deadhorse.At this point the only entertainment i'm looking forward to concerning this excuse riddled organization is what Larry,Darryl & Darryl will come up with at the season ending presser :nopity:

Attachments

• 15827561331708078971388531868695.png
    15827561331708078971388531868695.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Last Friday morning, when I heard that Tony Marinaro was called to a "staff meeting" and was going to miss hosting Habs Lunch, I thought TSN 690 was going to let him go since Tony speaks his own mind and will not kowtow to Geoff Molson.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Did they change the guys calling the games on TVA sport? I watched a game this year and it sounded alot better than last year. Still not good but better . Am I mistaken and it's the same staff calling Habs games on TVA as last year? Lol

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Gallo going off on twitter about letting Cousins go was the most random thing to be upset about on deadline day

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Campbell is a literal fan boy and the station is partnered with the Canadiens. Why do you think Mitch "Boomer who worships a crappy singer who stole most of his lyrics" Melnick never criticizes Molson, like ever?
He's a fan boy and you like many others on here are Montreal Canadien haters .

OB5

May 2, 2015
I have enjoyed McKenna and Starr in the morning recently. McKenna has no problem criticizing the Habs, he is as fed up as the rest of the sane fanbase.

Marinaro and Nilan are unlistenable (that's a word right?) Tony plays a character and changes viewpoints with each win or loss. Nilan's brain is spaghetti and he can barely put a sentence together, a shame really.

Melnick is amazing, I'm ahuge fan of his, I'd listen to him read the phone book. However, Gallo, who I do find entertaining, seem pretty out of place to me on a show like Melnick's.

Reactions: Justin11

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I have enjoyed McKenna and Starr in the morning recently. McKenna has no problem criticizing the Habs, he is as fed up as the rest of the sane fanbase.

Marinaro and Nilan are unlistenable (that's a word right?) Tony plays a character and changes viewpoints with each win or loss. Nilan's brain is spaghetti and he can barely put a sentence together, a shame really.

Melnick is amazing, I'm ahuge fan of his, I'd listen to him read the phone book. However, Gallo, who I do find entertaining, seem pretty out of place to me on a show like Melnick's.

I agree with most of that. Morning show is decent I just hate when they play the silly grocery games, who's older games right during my drive to the office at around 745AM.

I'm not crazy about Gallo or Alfieri for that matter either. Melnick is great and definitely enjoy listening to Ferraro, Miller and McGuire during his slot.

I don't mind Marinaro, schtick or not there's an entertainment factor there and he has at times attacked ownership/management.

Reactions: DXStriker

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Lafleur Can be a New York Ranger fan if he unhappy with how things are . If ownership/management cared about Lafleur's opinions it would be very surprising.

Last edited:

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
More than often the most passionate fans in sports are the ones who provide the extremes of support and criticism. What's with this weird ass misconception of not being a true fan because of a pessimistic opinion?

Dispraising the team's decisions means you care. Otherwise why the hell would you even voice your opinion so passionately? Personally, I don't view people who are pleased with 100% of someone's decisions as fans, I see them as sheep.

The best example is the Ultras in soccer. They won't hesitate to raise their voice and call out their own team when displeased, and they are way harsher than any post you'll read in here. And yet they are the most dedicated fans. Now go tell them that they're not real fans because they dare to criticize.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Guy Boucher is so annoying with his ass licking, I freaking hate the dude.

He's so conflicted in his opinions, the guy seems to be forward thinking but he's forcing degenerate ideas in the window.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad