TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Oddly enough, the only one to vent his frustrations and asks for changes in management is Benoit Brunet. Chantal has been with RDS since day one, she has a reputation to uphold and the image of the Station. It would not work to start the show with, "Bon on en as encore mangé une tabarrnac". Although that's probably what she said off camera.

It worked with 110% on TQS. Sometimes I would last 10 whole minutes into the show before turning it off due to everybody yelling simultaneously.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I remember watching it a few times but not regularly. It was too much like a bunch of drunks in a bar yelling incoherently. :laugh:

If you somehow landed Michel Villeneuve on Dave Morissette's show today, Villeneuve would probably leave the building on a stretcher. Different times. Also, Jean Perron. :laugh:

Reactions: peate

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Guys, last night on TVA there was a guy losing his mind over Bergevin....... I wish I was bilingual, had no idea what he was saying? The program was JIC? Did anyone see this? Has the franco media finally tired of MB? This guy was on a rant...

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It worked with 110% on TQS. Sometimes I would last 10 whole minutes into the show before turning it off due to everybody yelling simultaneously.
Benoit brunet and PJ stock are not always right but brutally honest .what a complete and total embarrassment this organization has become.In 17 years of being montreal's head scout trevor timmins has produced one forward with over 60 points,2nd worst drafting record in the nhl,boston has 5 of there top six producing more and all drafted by the organization ,yet in molsons alternate universe bergeven is one of the best gm's and according to bergeven timmins is one of the best scouts :clap:never thought I would say this but what a well oiled machine Boston has become compared to molson's excuse machine.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Love at first sight.

EQS9S-uX0AAA3Mk

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Martin Lemay super cynical right now on On Jase via rds.ca... analyzed the backup signing (Kinkaid) combined with the up and downs, says it's clear the playoffs were never a priority this year.

It means Bergevin has been lying through his teeth the whole season, but hey good PR says you don't say it's gonna suck. Sell some tickets. Lemay sounds annoyed now, granted he's on at an odd time of the day. Brendan Kelly has also been very critical of the Habs' long term path recently.

I wish Habs ownership/management wasn't governing mainstream media 'scripts' like the Empire. Molson is Palpatine.

If what Lemay said was true, they would not have tried getting Kovy and Scandela. And we would be nearer at getting a much better pick.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
There was a caller to the morning show who was saying 'Toe Blake never spoke a word of French'. He wasn't corrected by either McKenna or Starr, maybe they didn't know but apparently Toe was fluent in French, one of the reasons he got job to be the Rocket's coach job in the 1950's. Toe's mother was French, Toe was short for Hector.

Knuckles just made what I thought was a good point. Teams that win in the playoffs have to beat teams with different styles. That may have done in Tampa last spring. Need to have the roster to adjust to the opponent.

Reactions: Toene and jaffy27

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
How come so many have turned on Lavoie? Half the time I see him brought up everyone is calling him annoying

jsol

Jun 15, 2007
Montreal
Mob mentality. People are losing their shit all over the airwaves, especially the early morning show on TSN 990. Get these guys off the air until they regain composure.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Sean Campbell said earlier he feels like he's the only one who understands what MB was saying in his deadline presser. :rolleyes:

Not really surprising to hear Campbell say this since MB was talking out of his ass and with Campbell's lips so firmly stuck to MB's ass these days he heard that pile of BS better than anyone else. :)

well theyre paid to understand it so it shouldn’t be a surprise

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sean Campbell said earlier he feels like he's the only one who understands what MB was saying in his deadline presser. :rolleyes:

Not really surprising to hear Campbell say this since MB was talking out of his ass and with Campbell's lips so firmly stuck to MB's ass these days he heard that pile of BS better than anyone else. :)

MB was targeting a grade 2 audience.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

upload_2020-2-26_14-45-49.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad