TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
They just had another long discussion on urinals on 690. Melnick played a clip of George Brett saying he wanted to get Babe Ruth's chosen favorite from Yankee Stadium for his house. Mitch would like one from Wrigley Field btw. Quality lead-in to some food commercials.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They just had another long discussion on urinals on 690. Melnick played a clip of George Brett saying he wanted to get Babe Ruth's chosen favorite from Yankee Stadium for his house. Mitch would like one from Wrigley Field btw. Quality lead-in to some food commercials.
Two days ago Melnick tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to get Andie to discuss how low men’s testicles hang when they get on in age. He even offered anecdotal evidence that he had directly observed the phenomena with every old man he’s ever seen.

The guy produces similar cringe moments several times a week. His sexual innuendo epithets are the worst.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
They need to fire everyone on tsn 690 .I can't imagine who listens to the station for any length of time.They talk about absolutely nothing 90% of the time .They play music and are off topic of sports most of the time.The only show i listened to was Marinaro and he is gone.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
They need to fire everyone on tsn 690 .I can't imagine who listens to the station for any length of time.They talk about absolutely nothing 90% of the time .They play music and are off topic of sports most of the time.The only show i listened to was Marinaro and he is gone.
I wouldn't worry. Since Bell Media owns 690 I figure it's only a matter of time before it gets abruptly shut down with no advance warning. We're a day before the trade deadline and all Mitch wants to do is have some dusty old boomer musician play his guitar and tell stories about people and things that no sports fan gives a shit about on a regular day, and even less on the eve of the trade deadline.

I don't know why they need to reinvent the wheel on this. It's so simple a child could figure it out. You're a sports radio station in Montreal? Talk about da Habs, baby, da Habs! If you can't do that because it bores you, then quit because you are in the wrong market. Montreal is a one team obsession. Not one sport even, just this one team. Talk about that team or quit your job because we don't care about one other thing when we turn on the radio to 690.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Comedian and actor Marc Labrèche offers a great tribute to his good friend Paul Houde, that captures the essence of what he was — above all, so many in the media-entertainment business are fake but not Houde, he was as real and authentic as they come — and he’s left no one indifferent on account of it and so many other qualities. What an incredibly deep loss.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Loved Jeff Rimer during his CFCF radio days:

So much going on in the city during the time Rimer broadcasted at CF — the media landscape offered a lot of talent. Was sad to see him go.

Melnick did interview him on 690 over the years.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
when that clown jimmy G comes on 690 I want smash my computer gallo is a knob too...
man just talk sports , not this crap

I know I rant on this, but ... I turn speakers off
The new guys are even worse. They either can’t enunciate or have these massive brain cramps. This Luca Scott guy really sounds unpolished.

Reactions: sampollock

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I tuned in to that radio station and heard them promoting a Deep Purple and Yes concert at the Bell center I think. Didn't know these bands were still a thing and who's even in them.Would be nostalgic to see them but from looking at their tour schedule,not making it anywhere close enough for us to go see.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I tuned in to that radio station and heard them promoting a Deep Purple and Yes concert at the Bell center I think. Didn't know these bands were still a thing and who's even in them.Would be nostalgic to see them but from looking at their tour schedule,not making it anywhere close enough for us to go see.
How could it be Yes when you have only have Steve Howe for their original lineup? Deep Purple has originals Ian Paice, Ian Gillan and Roger Glover but they don't sound that great anymore.

Last time I saw Purple, they were just going through the motions and Paice had trouble keeping up. And had grown a pot belly on top of it.

I much prefer to see artists bow out a little early rather than too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: hvac412

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

Interesting stuff by the snake. (I don't know why it started late, you can go back)

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but they make a good dynamic and blow the Recrutes Draftcast out of the water in terms of listenability, entertainment and insight.

I love it when Snake looks back at his errors and says "La fameuse date de naissance," it's practically a meme for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Talk radio has just gotten progressively worse. There are very few interesting personalities. I think part of it is that sports radio requires a lot of filler, and attracts commentators with little knowledge of the rest of the world. Melnick is still the best, but he was part of a different radio school. Nobody currently has his gravitas or knowledge of Montreal culture.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
How could it be Yes when you have only have Steve Howe for their original lineup? Deep Purple has originals Ian Paice, Ian Gillan and Roger Glover but they don't sound that great anymore. Last time I saw Purple, they weren't that great. Pass.
The Yes singer is absolute garbage,another band that just doesn't know when to retire.last time i saw them a few years ago the whole band sounded like crap before the first intermission, when they came back out they sounded way better,must have indulged in some type of good narcotics :laugh:

• Haha

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
How could it be Yes when you have only have Steve Howe for their original lineup? Deep Purple has originals Ian Paice, Ian Gillan and Roger Glover but they don't sound that great anymore.

Last time I saw Purple, they were just going through the motions and Paice had trouble keeping up. And had grown a pot belly on top of it.

I much prefer to see artists bow out a little early rather than too late.
Like I said,don't even know who's in the bands. The sound,the singer is what people want to hear,see? A lot of people go to cover bands like Britt Floyd etc and there is no one from the band in those cover bands. Never saw the fascination by seeing those type bands,kinda like waiting in line to a celebrity double.lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like I said,don't even know who's in the bands. The sound,the singer is what people want to hear,see? A lot of people go to cover bands like Britt Floyd etc and there is no one from the band in those cover bands. Never saw the fascination by seeing those type bands,kinda like waiting in line to a celebrity double.lol

I’m guessing some fan fascination is due to nostalgia and some with the type of Prog and heavy rock that modern bands don’t write anymore.

As for watching bands do covers, it depends. Get this guy as a front man and I’m there:

He also plays bass and keyboards. And looks like a Rock God with champ hair.

Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I’m guessing some fan fascination is due to nostalgia and some with the type of Prog and heavy rock that modern bands don’t write anymore.

As for watching bands do covers, it depends. Get this guy as a front man and I’m there:

He also plays bass and keyboards. And looks like a Rock God with champ hair.

You would go? what if that one song was all that you knew? I'd think that I would want to know what the setlist was comprised of and what the venue was and price before committing to attending. All this should probably be in the dedicated music thread as it is way OT and not a lot of music fans around these parts.lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Stephen Brunt in studio at 690, a rare in-person appearance.

He’s a treat to listen to. Probably means an extended segment today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad