TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Laraque is childish and a lot of his antics are worse than dad jokes but for some reason he gels with Gonzo. Laraque never pretends to be a serious interviewer — he tries to be an entertainer even though he falls short.

Lemay on the other hand is really overdoing it. It goes beyond being nice, too much praise for so little in the way of input by paid contributors. Just thank them and be done with them but no “you’ve been excellent”, “you’re the best” and on and on.

And it doesn’t end there, they keep replaying Lemay’s show overnight and on weekends.
I can"t stand the guy, his brain seems to work too slow to be in the media but he's still there after all these years. I just don't understand.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
not much good on 690
as we all know
Guests on their afternoon show are the main reason to listen but even then, you can always pick and choose from the recorded segments on their site. I mostly stay away from their other regular shows.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Guests on their afternoon show are the main reason to listen but even then, you can always pick and choose from the recorded segments on their site. I mostly stay away from their other regular shows.
ya, maybe should listen to the recorded version, they could skip over the love music time...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The punchable feces face behind H30 finally reveals himself and he’s every bit the despicable rat you’d thought he’d be and more. A lengthy interview about how he became a millionaire with his BS hockey site, earning in the $800K range per year pre-pandemic to now making the average yearly salary of an AHL player.

Some juicy accounts about how he stole and pillaged and how he got served with several demand letters, a few from our good pal Geoff Molson for referring to him on his blog as being money hungry but in a far more condescending manner.

Warning: you may want to smash your phone or whatever device you’re watching this from, a few times over. Once after you see his face, another for his weird-ass farmer accent and many times after that when you realize how he manipulated traffic to his site by any means possible and now thinks he’s some kind of folk hero in Quebec’s garbage blog landscape.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The punchable feces face behind H30 finally reveals himself and he’s every bit the despicable rat you’d thought he’d be and more. A lengthy interview about how he became a millionaire with his BS hockey site, earning in the $800K range per year pre-pandemic to now making the average yearly salary of an AHL player.

Some juicy accounts about how he stole and pillaged and how he got served with several demand letters, a few from our good pal Geoff Molson for referring to him on his blog as being money hungry but in a far more condescending manner.

Warning: you may want to smash your phone or whatever device you’re watching this from, a few times over. Once after you see his face, another for his weird-ass farmer accent and many times after that when you realize how he manipulated traffic to his site by any means possible and now thinks he’s some kind of folk hero in Quebec’s garbage blog landscape.

Is this the guy who was stalking and creeping on players back in the day?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
not much good on 690
as we all know
The french medias are better. With quantity there is quality mixed with mediocrity.

The guys on jic were saying Ottawa wanted to trade Tkachuk and that the habs should trade Slaf for him. So much air to fill and so little sense to fill it with.
I hate those debates. On that one, I have to agree with Marinero over Jic. Hard to beleive but when those two are debatting, Marinero looks like the intelligent one.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
TSN 690 lacks someone with authority with strong inside knowledge/connections, basically they lack leadership. I used to listen to TSN 690 24/7 in the car, now i listen to french hockey talk or music.. i miss Tony's rants tho :laugh:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm shooked. I'll always remember his incredible mind and brain, one of the best to ever do it. Reposez en paix Mr Houde.
He was brilliant, knew how to laugh at himself, a great broadcaster and a gentleman. What a rare combination of attributes, always enjoyed his rush hour show on 98.5 FM and even his short stay as morningman on 91.9 FM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad