TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
So did Mitch Melnick hate Pierre McGuire after all?

Literally haven't heard a peep about his "great friends" new job nor have I heard any mention of the famous last interview. Anyone else find it odd?
I found it really hard to listen to 690 whenever they had McGuire on. He always sounded so full of himself on the radio.
What is this famous last interview you speak of? It intrigues me.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I found it really hard to listen to 690 whenever they had McGuire on. He always sounded so full of himself on the radio.
What is this famous last interview you speak of? It intrigues me.

Campbell was saying on his last hit how Mitch and McGuire were going to have a final interview once Melnick returned

RBZ

Jun 24, 2013
Can’t stand Melnick’s fake laugh when he has Bill Lee or anyone else famous who tells a lame joke.

As for the Melnick and McGuire, I truly believe they are friends, but so much was happening just before McGuire got hired by Ottawa and with Melnick taking his summer vacation, they have not had the time to discuss it on air. I think for sure in private they have talked.

Reactions: angusyoung

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
So did Mitch Melnick hate Pierre McGuire after all?

Literally haven't heard a peep about his "great friends" new job nor have I heard any mention of the famous last interview. Anyone else find it odd?
I heard it? he did an interview the monday he was hired and that was the last one,

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ward has no idea wtf he's talking about sometimes... When we signed Hoffman he was sure that Hoffman was a center and today the way he was talking about Tatar I got the impression that he thought Tatar signed for 9M$/year... :laugh:

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Just listened. Dunno what I was expecting but that was pretty bland.

Once again the new guy asked the world's most asinine question
Mister Melnyk is amazing X100 during that interview... It was getting cringy, to be honest.

Clearly, McGuire didn't expect to get such an opportunity after being on the side for so many years and he's extremely grateful but god damn...

Reactions: HabsHammer

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Awesome play-by-play. Great career.

… and the voice of my bubble hockey table. :nod:

Yup!:thumbu::thumbu:

Super%20Chexx%20Hockey-2.jpg

Reactions: dinodebino

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Ward has no idea wtf he's talking about sometimes... When we signed Hoffman he was sure that Hoffman was a center and today the way he was talking about Tatar I got the impression that he thought Tatar signed for 9M$/year... :laugh:
He doesn't seem all that much up to date with the Habs, yet he's constantly asked for his opinion. I noticed how several times he didn't know something that an average fan knows. He'll have to catch up if they intend to have him as a regular expert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad