OT: True North to host UFC

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Why? Anyone can signup to get presale emails

Not everyone has jets tickets

Why should people who have jets tickets have first rights to anything?

That doesnt seem fair to me

For the same reason Moose season ticket holders got first dips on Jets tickets before the general public: Because they paid TNSE's bills and supported them, just as Jets season ticket holders do now. I hope that clarifies things for you.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
That's pretty weak. Too bad we didnt have another venue in wpg. Oh well. Hope to get some tickets *fingers crossed. Just don't have much luck with ticket master hence why I'm not a sth lol.....well yet anyway.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

Good to see Winnipeg getting a UFC event. Not a hardcore fan or anything, but it should be great for the city.

I thought if Winnipeg was to eventually get a UFC event it would be one of those secondary events like UFC on FX or Fight Night cards. Great to hear we are getting UFC 161.

Saw the comments at the bottom of the article you posted. Edmontonians are already whining bigtime!:laugh:

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I'm not a huge UFC fan, but this might be what turns me. Having a main event in our backyard is really neat. I just hope it's a good card. TNSE just keeps delivering!

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
For the same reason Moose season ticket holders got first dips on Jets tickets before the general public: Because they paid TNSE's bills and supported them, just as Jets season ticket holders do now. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Things were perfectly clear before thanks

I have spent my fair share to true north over the years.
Moot point

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have zero interest in UFC (generaltional thing probably) and have some seat licences so maybe I will flip the tickets to Winnipeg HFBoard homies if they are interested. One of my business partners in Ottawa is into it big time though so I will have to clear it with him first and make sure he isn't flying in for it.

Congrads to the boys that dig this sport

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I have zero interest in UFC (generaltional thing probably) and have some seat licences so maybe I will flip the tickets to Winnipeg HFBoard homies if they are interested. One of my business partners in Ottawa is into it big time though so I will have to clear it with him first and make sure he isn't flying in for it.

Congrads to the boys that dig this sport

The only fair thing is hosting a Winnipeg HFBoard fight club tournament. Winner, assuming he/she is not too battered from fights, gets dibs!:D

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I love MMA and can't wait for this card! Hendo is my all time favourite fighter and Shogun is also rumoured?! Can't believe I might have the chance to see these legends fight before they retire!

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Bad news; Scruggs found room in the budget over in Phoenix, says they're ready to host UFC 161 now.
Ks_crop_340x234.jpg

85% of Krzysztof Soszynski's training camp for this summers event will be spring time Red River sandbagging, gotta keep his only move, the arm-bar move ready.(facebook match only please)

Last edited:

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
I believe season ticket holders got dibs on the NBA game played here in October. I'm guessing they'll get dibs after UFC Club members get their share of tickets.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Really thought TNSE had more class than to bring this Neanderthal sport into the MTS Centre, just shows that the lure of $$$$ is always the deciding factor right or wrong.

SubparSoup

Aug 26, 2011

Well actually the taxpayers of the city of Winnipeg and the province of Manitoba had a pretty big hand in "paying the bills" for TNSE. They do not own UFC, they extended the offer to moose season ticket holders because they had supported TNSE and were giving them an opportunity to continue their support. The UFC has nothing to do with them other than its being held in the MTS centre.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
i watch it time to time with friends who are very into mma and the sport. i'm very happy winnipeg is hosting a ppv for ufc. it's about time that we get something big like this. i'd love to see a wwe ppv here soon as well.

i dunno, i think i just love this city so much that any attention to it makes me happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad