OT: True North to host UFC

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Link?
I know there's a press conference tomorrow, but I haven't heard any details on what the event is.

Never mind. It's all over twitter.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Personally don't get the appeal but I guess its nice for UFC fans.

Heard on the radio a few days ago that UFC is waning in popularity. Didn't sell out the Bell Centre or something. I guess they're branching out.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Definitely going to this and I don't even follow UFC. It's just something that's new besides Monster Jam or Harlem Globetrotters...

Here's to hoping Jets ticket holders get first crack at tickets.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Season ticket holders won't get any first cracks at UFC tickets.

Definitely going to this and I don't even follow UFC. It's just something that's new besides Monster Jam or Harlem Globetrotters...

Here's to hoping Jets ticket holders get first crack at tickets.

SubparSoup

Aug 26, 2011

Heard on the radio a few days ago that UFC is waning in popularity. Didn't sell out the Bell Centre or something. I guess they're branching out.

It's because they held several terrible cards in Canada (Calgary and Vancouver I think) so expect this one to be a monster card. Mighty Mouse is already targeting 161 for his come back so we could get a title match.

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Its not that its waning in popularity its just they charge ridiculous amounts for tickets, I love UFC but I likely won't be going to this event with what I expect the ticket prices to be.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Figured this was coming; heard an interview with Tom Wright (former CFL Commissioner, now the head of UFC Canada) last year and he said they had plans for multiple Canadian events in 2013 and they included "one city that few would expect" - one they'd never previously considered.

Kevin Donnelly with TNSE is one hell of a promoter and UFC is always a big money draw; I just knew he'd be on top of that eventually.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
HUGE news for Winnipeg.

A total coup to get UFC 161.

Love this town!

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Why is this? And anyway I keep getting emails from true north offering me presale tickets to concerts and other events they put on, so why would they be any different?

Why? Anyone can signup to get presale emails

Not everyone has jets tickets

Why should people who have jets tickets have first rights to anything?

That doesnt seem fair to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad