Player Discussion Troy Terry

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Valid point ;-) but I do think he can reach that level. Don't know if he ever will but the talent is there imho.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I have never seen a player change so much in one season going from the NHL to the AHL and back up. I was genuinely worried Terry might be a bust - he's a completely different player now. Eakins is a miracle worker (at least in developing the young guys).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have never seen a player change so much in one season going from the NHL to the AHL and back up. I was genuinely worried Terry might be a bust - he's a completely different player now. Eakins is a miracle worker (at least in developing the young guys).
It`s hard to be a bust if you`re a 5th rounder :)

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Man I love the way he pivots his hips while skating to change the angle of attack. He makes those little moves quickly and constantly and it opens up so many new lanes, reminds me of Kane and Gaudreau.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
What we are seeing now was there back then. It's a matter of adjustment and adaptation. He may go through similar struggles again, too.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk that he was ever going to be a bust, sometimes it just takes confidence/ and honestly RC here everyone looked bad including our top line players... just a messy situation for those young kids to jump into. Terry is just far too skilled to be a bust, he has a very unique style to him.... the way he puck handles reminds me of Getzlaf, tho getzlaf can beat you with power... terry beats you with misdirection and unorthodox movements. Nice thing about terry is he seems like he can be a really good play maker, but he isn't afraid to score goals either has a very good shot. I guess stylistically he reminds me of a poor mans Marner/Giroux.... but I think marner plays with a lot more speed than terry.

Glad hes starting to heat up.... hopefully Jones can start finding the net more... rakell seems like hes starting to find his game again... and obviously having kase back will be a huge boost.... our winger depth is starting to look really solid. If rakell can go back to form and be a 1lw, and if kase can stay healthy... adding guys like terry, jones, comtois etc throughout the line up will make this team pretty fun to watch. Thing that scares me now is Center depth.... Getzlaf is slowing down(maybe off season will help him tho), Henrique is pretty inconsistent(but I think he may be the perfect player to center some of our skilled kids)… our 3c is kinda a toss up... rawney and grant do well but idk that id want to see 3/4 rawney/grant. Steel/lundestrum could potentially be options, steel has looked much better in the AHL, and I think hes done alright his last couple games in the NHL.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
I definitely think Terry will be a 70 point player if not more, his hands and vision are just unreal

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I want them to try him at center in off season, that would help a lot of issues

Reactions: wraparound

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Hard to believe Terry was a 5th round pick, but then again, Ducks have done a great job finding solid players in the late rounds.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I’m not opposed to that but it’s a completely different game defensively in the middle so it may be hard to adjust. He did play some C at College though so unlike it did for the likes of a Bobby Ryan it may work.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
With his size and strength issue let's see what happens when he gets roughed up hopefully whoever the next coach is realizes he needs to have some linemates with size playing next to him. Henrique and Ritchie preferably
Basically the same with Kase
Basically the same way as Kase when he plays

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
With his size and strength issue let's see what happens when he gets roughed up hopefully whoever the next coach is realizes he needs to have some linemates with size playing next to him. Henrique and Ritchie preferably
Basically the same with Kase
Basically the same way as Kase when he plays

Him and Ritchie have looked good together the past couple of games. Henrique seems to complement both well too.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Even kase does not dictate the pace like terry does, kase is just really good.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

JonathnTaylorTavares

Feb 4, 2019
I do find myself cringing a little every time Terry gets the puck because of all the times I’ve see Kase get crushed

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Rakell did the same exact thing. Went down and came back up after Christmas as a legit first liner. That's why I'm always in favor of those quick 10 game stints to get the confidence back.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Hard to believe Terry was a 5th round pick, but then again, Ducks have done a great job finding solid players in the late rounds.

Very young and used in a defensive role. Was also very small. And let's not forget, it took over 3 years. He was a project. McLaughlin falls in that category as well, imho.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I came into this thread to bring up his history/ability at center. IIRC he started out at center with Denver but eventually got moved to wing? Their Twitter has purged all the game day lineups from last season so I don’t have the receipts for that, but I’m wondering what about his game (if anything; could’ve been a necessity move based on roster composition) caused that shift. I concur that giving him a chance to revisit center in camp (or maybe even this year? Perfect time to tinker & experiment) is at last worth exploring. If nothing else it’s nice to have forwards who can shift from wing to center

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I came into this thread to bring up his history/ability at center. IIRC he started out at center with Denver but eventually got moved to wing? Their Twitter has purged all the game day lineups from last season so I don’t have the receipts for that, but I’m wondering what about his game (if anything; could’ve been a necessity move based on roster composition) caused that shift. I concur that giving him a chance to revisit center in camp (or maybe even this year? Perfect time to tinker & experiment) is at last worth exploring. If nothing else it’s nice to have forwards who can shift from wing to center
I'd be curious to see this too. He seems to have the defensive instincts and enough strength to thrive in the middle of the ice in todays game; the question I'd have is if he has the motor to be able to handle the added defensive responsibilities and still be as effective on the offensive end. But I wouldnt bet against him that's for sure.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie Terry Kase would be ridiculous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad