Confirmed with Link: Troy Terry signs extension (3 years, $1.45M AAV)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's not that young, and he's played parts of 3 seasons here now. Mainly this is just a sign of him not being a complete moron, which don't get me wrong is good news, but he'd have to be historically dumb to not recognize that he needed to gain weight. That said, I'm pretty skeptical that he's actually pushing 190.
Same. To me he looked maybe 180 this past season at most. Maybe he’s been hitting it hard during quarantine but I’m skeptical like you are.

this upcoming season he really needs to show some major improvement. I still like him but he’s moving into the age range where a player usually either figures it out or doesn’t

Reactions: DuckRogers10

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think next season will be somewhat of a breakout season. Obviously weight/muscle is a huge factor for his success but what I notice most when comparing his college/AHL play to NHL is mainly poise... which is one of his best assets. I think once he figures out how to control the game and fully understand time and space of the NHL he'll be just as dominant as he was in the A. Expecting 40+ points next season if he stays healthy, 50+ the next.

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He's not that young, and he's played parts of 3 seasons here now. Mainly this is just a sign of him not being a complete moron, which don't get me wrong is good news, but he'd have to be historically dumb to not recognize that he needed to gain weight. That said, I'm pretty skeptical that he's actually pushing 190.
22 is pretty damn young.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
22 is pretty damn young.
Sure it is, but we're specifically talking about an athlete trying to build up muscle mass. In that regard Terry is behind the curve for a 22 year old (only a month away from 23). Not abnormally so and he will be fine, but I don't think you can use his age as an explanation as easily as you could if he was still only 18 or so.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Sure it is, but we're specifically talking about an athlete trying to build up muscle mass. In that regard Terry is behind the curve for a 22 year old (only a month away from 23). Not abnormally so and he will be fine, but I don't think you can use his age as an explanation as easily as you could if he was still only 18 or so.
I think age would be the primary reason. A lot of kids just don't fill out, even with consistent gym work, until mid/late 20s because of their metabolism.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I think age would be the primary reason. A lot of kids just don't fill out, even with consistent gym work, until mid/late 20s because of their metabolism.
You're right, he probably does have a very high metabolism. That makes it tougher to gain mass, but not at all impossible. You just have to pay a lot more attention to what you eat and how much. I hope they have him working with a nutritionist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad