Confirmed with Link: Troy Terry signs extension (3 years, $1.45M AAV)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Doesn't look like money has been announced yet. Guessing 1.75 million average

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy is going to be sooo damn good

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Awesome deal.

Also shows that he has some developing to do. But he was looking awesome at times, just this -> <- close to producing more. He should be a top 6 player within 2 years.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pretty good deal, he had no leverage which Murray has been able to take advantage of. He should be a steal at that cap hit but in the worst case scenario where he doesn’t progress much it’s not going to be a huge cap burden.

If I’m Terry though I would have been far keener on a one year deal. I wonder how much the uncertainty of the current situation factored in to him taking 3 years.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it’s a good deal. I felt Terry was starting to make things happen before he was sent back down to SD. Anyway, low risk contract, and hoping he can take the next step next season. Hoping next season will start around Nov, and not Dec/Jan.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Terry showed flashes with the puck on his stick, he has a great shot so you have to imagine scoring will come eventually... still needs to put on a little muscle but I think this contract will look amazing by end of year 1

Reactions: Leonardo87 and Kalv

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Hopefully with the huge break between seasons Terry will bulk up a lot for next season, if that happens I fully expect him to have a big breakout year.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Id invest in his futures that this contract will look like a very good deal

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In my opinion he still hasn't proved that he is more than a 3rd line player. Given the frozen salary cap this seems fair. The Ducks cannot afford to overpay someone in Terry's position.
He has not scored more than 15p a season/26p pace. Of course, he has not yet proven to be a top 6 player. What we can see is his flashes of brilliance, dekes, passes, stickhandling. In some games, he reminded me of a poor man's Getzlaf. What is worrisome is his 2-time broken leg and how it has hindered his development so far and probably we can see it in that contract a bit. But he is a successful 5th round pick in any case and I really think he can prove to be a top6 player around the halfway point of this contract. Remember, this was him just before the season ended:

And he signed the contract together with his puppy:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He has not scored more than 15p a season/26p pace. Of course, he has not yet proven to be a top 6 player. What we can see is his flashes of brilliance, dekes, passes, stickhandling. In some games, he reminded me of a poor man's Getzlaf. What is worrisome is his 2-time broken leg and how it has hindered his development so far and probably we can see it in that contract a bit. But he is a successful 5th round pick in any case and I really think he can prove to be a top6 player around the halfway point of this contract. Remember, this was him just before the season ended:

And he signed the contract together with his puppy:

That video was from 2 seasons ago, but I do agree he was looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad