Friedman: Troy Terry change of scenery?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Value is extremely low right now... seems more beneficial to keep him and see if he turns into something rather than trade him for a very limited return

Unless ofcourse he is involved in a bigger trade in which the other team won't bite unless Terry is involved type thing

I've never been a big fan of the guy though personally, so it's not too surprising he hasn't done much at the NHL level

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
basically. Like a second line forward with good playmaking abilities. Lots of promise and hype with him over the years.

but.. it’s been a long while and this Ducks fan doesn’t see him putting it all together. Like all the tools, no toolbox.

I was going to mention he's a '15 draft. As an organization (and fanbase), you can only wait for so long.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I was going to mention he's a '15 draft. As an organization (and fanbase), you can only wait for so long.

Unless it's part of a package for an upgrade/need, it's probably not worth trading him. He still has some potential, and if he realizes it with some other team it would hurt more than taking a gamble on him and losing him for nothing. His value is too low, unless it's for another young guy at a position the Ducks need more that's in a similar situation (showing flashes of breaking out but not quite there yet).

TK

Feb 26, 2019

He was only 17 when he was drafted, and as a 5th rounder. I don't think it's unreasonable to still have a bit of faith in him after he's shown some flashes at various levels of play. It's not as if the Ducks are ready to compete or anything, I don't really see any reason to trade him.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Comtois I can believe - but Terry has never scored 30G in any league. And from what I recall from his AHL play... he doesn't possess such a shot. Even a sniper like Jordan Eberle has only ONCE scored more than 30G... it's not an easy feat.

Alright, maybe a 25-30 player... anyway, scored at 30+ goals in each of his two years playing in the AHL (16 in 41, 7 in 14). Terry tends to look for the pass instead of using his skills to deceive and score. Under a good coach, he'll play with confidence and get a good number of goals.

Eakins is just a terrible coach imo.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Alright, maybe a 25-30 player... anyway, scored at 30+ goals in each of his two years playing in the AHL (16 in 41, 7 in 14). Terry tends to look for the pass instead of using his skills to deceive and score. Under a good coach, he'll play with confidence and get a good number of goals.

Eakins is just a terrible coach imo.

Eakins is most definitely a terrible coach.

You know the AHL doesn't play 82 games, right? Especially the Pacific division which even plays fewer games than the other divisions. And pro-rating small samples doesn't count :)

Also AHL goaltending is sub-NHL quality goaltending. Eberle scored 25G in 34GP in the AHL during the lockout

Oklahoma City Barons 2012-13 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Ducks a couple seasons ago looked loaded with young forward talent, and a lot of that talent graduated to the NHL but for whatever reason have not been able to take the next step. Get rid of the coach first before you think about trading players. Ducks have talent at forward, defense and goalie. No reason they should be this bad.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's got talent. Scored a really sweet goal a few games ago. Known for his shootout prowess. I was expecting him to break out by now but the Ducks aren't a very good team so it's not easy to evaluate talent. A change of scenery trade might not be the worst thing.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Never heard of this player. Good pedigree? I’m guessing he’s a young player blocked or not finding his game?

Yeah, I didn’t recognize the name either.

Hmm... 5th round pick, career high of 15 points. Cool. Why are we talking about him?

Reactions: egelband

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
How about this Detroit will trade you E. Svechnikov for Terry straight up. Not because we don't like Svech but because we have an idiot coach who after Svech put up 4 points in 4 games and was playing well sent him to the AHL.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How about this Detroit will trade you E. Svechnikov for Terry straight up. Not because we don't like Svech but because we have an idiot coach who after Svech put up 4 points in 4 games and was playing well sent him to the AHL.

how do you say tank in Russian?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad