Friedman: Troy Terry change of scenery?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I hope management doesn't screw up and trade him for scraps... his value is low because he hasn't really produced but he has skill and might put it together. He's worth keeping and taking a risk on rather than trading him for a bad/unnecessary return.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Terry is very talented and constantly looks just on the verge of putting it together so it would be a boneheaded move for Murray to make but he loves those. Price is probably a boring roster player that isn't that good based on the Ritchie return. A Danton Heinen type.

Reactions: lwvs84

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Ducks fans: Is he the type of player that needs to be in an offensive role to succeed? If he has a bit of a two way game I could see Dubas being interested to add depth to the bottom 6.

I also wonder about a swap with Buffalo for someone like Mittelstadt. Change of scenery for both guys

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Can't imagine what good the Ducks could get back here.

Bob Murray slowly getting dumber much to the gratefulness of the entire Pacific division.

I feel the Ducks could use another D prospect at the same level as Terry. I've always admired the Ducks forward and goaltending prospects but find their D lacking in the AHL (except Drysdale of course).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
Cost? Would like to see him on the Pens. Would be put on a line with Zucker probably.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
God someone needs to get BM out of Anaheim, not that I think terry is some superstar but he’s def worth keeping and seeing if he can put it together, he’s shown flashes.

You just know we’ll move him for a player that does nothing, while he goes on to be a 50 point player

i wish I could be as bad at my job as he is his and keep it as long as he has

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
How about a reunion with former linemate Gambrell to see if they can recapture their Pioneer magic? Not that the Sharks could use another winger but it's a nice though since I am the only Gambrell fan around these parts.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks fans: Is he the type of player that needs to be in an offensive role to succeed? If he has a bit of a two way game I could see Dubas being interested to add depth to the bottom 6.

I also wonder about a swap with Buffalo for someone like Mittelstadt. Change of scenery for both guys
I think he’s more of an offensive player... I don’t think he’ll do much for you in a bottom 6 roll... not something the leafs would need in their bottom 6. Sabres maybe

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
God someone needs to get BM out of Anaheim, not that I think terry is some superstar but he’s def worth keeping and seeing if he can put it together, he’s shown flashes.

You just know we’ll move him for a player that does nothing, while he goes on to be a 50 point player

i wish I could be as bad at my job as he is his and keep it as long as he has

Thats what I don't get. Terry is a young forward with upside, the Ducks are in a rebuild. Why would BM wanna move him?

I think he’s more of an offensive player... I don’t think he’ll do much for you in a bottom 6 roll... not something the leafs would need in their bottom 6. Sabres maybe

That seems to be Dubas' style. Smaller/skilled players even in the bottom 6. Personally I don't agree with it but its the type of move I could see him making.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thats what I don't get. Terry is a young forward with upside, the Ducks are in a rebuild. Why would BM wanna move him?

That seems to be Dubas' style. Smaller/skilled players even in the bottom 6. Personally I don't agree with it but its the type of move I could see him making.
Idk I think he’s desperate at this point.... throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks .... I mean terry hasn’t been amazing but the skill is there and there is some upside there.... not like he’s costing us much money.... I just don’t see the point in moving him.

unless he was packaged for something I suppose

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

Maybe if he was centre or left wing, but I believe he's RW? Not much room on that side.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So, what does he project to be? Is a third liner with second line upside a fair take on him?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So, what does he project to be? Is a third liner with second line upside a fair take on him?

basically. Like a second line forward with good playmaking abilities. Lots of promise and hype with him over the years.

but.. it’s been a long while and this Ducks fan doesn’t see him putting it all together. Like all the tools, no toolbox.

Reactions: BHD and voxel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad